360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
is it possible to change 360 slim power up and eject sounds
Register
    Array

is it possible to change 360 slim power up and eject sounds

hey guys this is somthing that has been bothering me since the halo reach console was released ive wanted to know if theres any way to customise the power up/eject sounds on the normal slims theres now at least 4 special edition slims with custom sounds and i wonder if its using the same hardware or not id love to find a way to use custom sounds even if it meant hardware modifications

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Re: is it possible to change 360 slim power up and eject sounds

http://www.libxenon.org/index.php?topic=166.0

This is the most info i've ever found other then it being called a buzzer.

Haven Donator

Array

Someone asked ths on another site and no you can't, I'm not even sure you can on a JTAG.
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5274 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

Divided by zero and lived

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Someone asked ths on another site and no you can't, I'm not even sure you can on a JTAG.
    To my understanding the sounds are inside of an EEPROM which is reflashable. With an RGH console (No JTAG for the slims) MAYBE you could create an application in libxenon to read/write to that EEPROM. Else you would have to use some external hardware on a retail slim.
    Downloads : 4 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5525 || Posts : 389 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 1,033 Times in 236 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mojobojo For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
    To my understanding the sounds are inside of an EEPROM which is reflashable. With an RGH console (No JTAG for the slims) MAYBE you could create an application in libxenon to read/write to that EEPROM. Else you would have to use some external hardware on a retail slim.
    I don't think anyone has been able to do it, I don't know about hacking really but someone said the same as you but they couldn't do it. Something to do with the BIOS? Or its in the BIOS?
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5274 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

Divided by zero and lived

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I don't think anyone has been able to do it, I don't know about hacking really but someone said the same as you but they couldn't do it. Something to do with the BIOS? Or its in the BIOS?
    There is no BIOS, all that is running behind the operating system of the 360 is the Hypervisor and SMC (System Management Controller). As far as I am concerned they would not really be considered a BIOS like a PC has (Maybe the SMC could). If they could not access it through libxenon the EEPROM is separate from the rest of the xbox 360. If he could not access it through external hardware, its probably a ROM. Like they said, the thing that controls the sound is a separate microcontroller so its very possible its a ROM.
    Downloads : 4 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5525 || Posts : 389 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 1,033 Times in 236 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
    There is no BIOS, all that is running behind the operating system of the 360 is the Hypervisor and SMC (System Management Controller). As far as I am concerned they would not really be considered a BIOS like a PC has (Maybe the SMC could). If they could not access it through libxenon the EEPROM is separate from the rest of the xbox 360. If he could not access it through external hardware, its probably a ROM. Like they said, the thing that controls the sound is a separate microcontroller so its very possible its a ROM.
    Do you know much about it? You should try and see, I wouldn't even know how to get the files from the Xbox lol