PoV: 360 games that are better on PS3
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

PoV: 360 games that are better on PS3

www.ps3.qj.net

Looking over some good stories online this morning and came across a lovely piece by Computer and Video Games about 5 games that were originally on 360 or were not originally multiplatform and then became so and were better for it.

I'm a PS3 owner and I could be biased as all hell about the graphical representation of several games but to be honest there hasn't been much outside of Portal 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and the Uncharted series that has personally stunned me graphically and for someone who grew up playing Playstation and N64 and a clear addiction to Minecraft, graphics has never been a big thing for me but theyare taken into account depending on the style of gameplay and visual elements. A game looks great if there are no graphical glitches that take me out of the game or things that are specifically outstanding.

The games they list, which you can read on their website and their critique or just read now are:

Bioshock
    Oblivion
    Child of Eden
    Mass Effect 2
    Portal 2

Whilst I've played all of these games on one console or another, two that specifically stand out, Bioshock and Oblivion have a different story. Those two games have had a troubled graphical past on both consoles and their PC counterparts. I remember when I finally got to play Bioshock on PS3 and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the experience I did notice the load times, depending on certain areas were quite long and there were a few graphical bugs which they may or may not have ironed out in patched releases.

One in particular was whenever the Bee power would be in your hand, the bees themselves as well as scars that would form, would be poorly rendered or would take a long time to load. Also some pop-in graphcs would happen when looking outside or zooming in for a far distance.

Another game on the chopping block, Oblivion, was a game I only experienced recently. The Game of the Year edition, in fact, which had a few graphical glitches such as characters mouths not moving in sync with the dialogue and some NPC/animal buffering which would make objects and elements disappear and re-appear in an errie fashion.

It genuinely creeps me out when stuff like that happens and makes me wonder about the quality control department or the game testers for those games. I think that PS3 graphics are fairly top-notch, nothing really on PC, but you know, still fairly up there, but I think the actual gameplay and quality should be the degree which most games should be judged, almost everything else is pretty superfluous.

Any games you think of that are better than the 360 counterpart or vice-versa?
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8579 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

eviljasonn

Re: PoV: 360 games that are better on PS3

I'd have to say most 360 games are faster in dropping price. But I always figured it was because ps3 is on a blue ray disk. But I never really looked in to a game on both consoles. So it will be something to try.

RobbersonA

Whilst I've played all of these games on one console or another, two that specifically stand out, Bioshock and Oblivion have a different story. Those two games have had a troubled graphical past on both consoles and their PC counterparts. I remember when I finally got to play Bioshock on PS3 and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the experience I did notice the load times, depending on certain areas were quite long and there were a few graphical bugs which they may or may not have ironed out in patched releases.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    wii remote controller xbox 360 controllers ps3 accessories

News Reporter

Array

Uncharted stands out as one of the best looking games I've ever seen. The way Nathan's clothes changed graphically when wet, the expanding vista views and the general graphical presentation of the whole game is a feat that the 360 will sadly never manage.

On the other side I played Arkham Asylum on both systems and noticed that the PS3 version suffered from terrible screen tearing issues which were not present in the 360 version.

In the end there both great systems and although I'm a 360 owner I still think the PS3 will have a slight edge with it using blu-ray media.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7316 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I have both consoles and xbox is far better BUT when it comes to exclusives the ps3 literally takes a dumb on the xbox i will be looking forward to the new xbox and playstation when they are made if they wanted to they could make a mini super computer console with specs that are quite impressive but it would not be made because most people will not be able to afford it im currently saving up for a gaming laptop or pc so i can enjoy them with a far better experience

News Reporter

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    I have both consoles and xbox is far better BUT when it comes to exclusives the ps3 literally takes a dumb on the xbox i will be looking forward to the new xbox and playstation when they are made if they wanted to they could make a mini super computer console with specs that are quite impressive but it would not be made because most people will not be able to afford it im currently saving up for a gaming laptop or pc so i can enjoy them with a far better experience

I've noticed that the PS3 seems to get the better deal when it comes to cross platform bonus material. To just mention 2 games I'm currently watching (Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Tag 2) the PS3 versions are getting extra exclusive characters and costumes while the 360 version is getting nothing. Was the same with Mortal Kombat 9, PS3 gets Kratos, 360 gets bugger all again.

It is a bit disheartening to seemingly keep getting the raw end of the deal all the time being a 360 owner. That said though, I love my 360 and would never chop it in for another console, lack of exclusive content or not.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7316 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to longy999 For This Useful Post:

Array

I have Dead Island for the 360, my house mate for the PS3 and the textures on the PS3 version look cleaner and not as muddy. The only downside I have noticed with the PS3 version is the texture pop in, while they look better they take longer to render than that of the 360 version. I have also had a retentively bug free experience with both versions, minus the beach ball of death which was amusing
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5015 || Posts : 314 || Thanks : 27 || Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

ldsdrive

I do really want to play more on PS3 but when it comes to choosing what console to play multi-platform games on. I tend to go with the Xbox 360 version due to the feature that allows me to install the entire game on the HDD which does help with the drive's longevity tremendously. I basically don't care if some games have mutiple discs since I have a lot of room on my HDD to install them all. This is the most wanted feature for PS3 in my opinion.