360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
help with dark souls 2 game saves
Register
    Inactive Member
    Array

help with dark souls 2 game saves

ok so a lot of people are having problems with their modded dark souls 2 game saves like getting it to load or getting it to save.... my question: can anyone here send a copy of the thread that shows you 3 ways to fix a darksouls 2 save? its the thread someone posted about how to update the BaseFile.BF, i cant seem to find the thread...

here are some things i have read that i do not understand:

1. it says something about creating a save with no characters on it in which i did this but when it says to rename that save to basefile.bf my usb detects no saved game on it regardless of me saving a game with no characters on it to my usb! so thats what i dont understand is how i can rename my save to basefile.bf when there isnt a save detected to rename in the first place....

2. it said something about creating a folder and renaming it to resources and to put it with the save editor, however i did this and i downloaded the 4 things that needed to be in the resources folder but have i done it right? this is what i did i created an empty folder named it dark souls 2, put the dark souls save editor into this empty folder i created and then i moved the resources folder into it... did i do it the right way???

3. it said to extract each individual character i have on the save but when i did this i got an error (cant remember the error i got)

sadly i cant find the thread again that explained how to update the basefile.bf step by step.. if someone can help by sending the link and correcting my mistakes if i did something wrong above i would be greatfull as i want to be able to fix my own save instead of relying on other people to fix it for me even though i know they didnt mind, i just want to learn how to do it myself if that makes sense.

thanks in advance.

VIP Member
    Jappi88

Array

Re: help with dark souls 2 game saves

Quote Originally Posted by flowergirl01 View Post
    ok so a lot of people are having problems with their modded dark souls 2 game saves like getting it to load or getting it to save.... my question: can anyone here send a copy of the thread that shows you 3 ways to fix a darksouls 2 save? its the thread someone posted about how to update the BaseFile.BF, i cant seem to find the thread...

here are some things i have read that i do not understand:

1. it says something about creating a save with no characters on it in which i did this but when it says to rename that save to basefile.bf my usb detects no saved game on it regardless of me saving a game with no characters on it to my usb! so thats what i dont understand is how i can rename my save to basefile.bf when there isnt a save detected to rename in the first place....

2. it said something about creating a folder and renaming it to resources and to put it with the save editor, however i did this and i downloaded the 4 things that needed to be in the resources folder but have i done it right? this is what i did i created an empty folder named it dark souls 2, put the dark souls save editor into this empty folder i created and then i moved the resources folder into it... did i do it the right way???

3. it said to extract each individual character i have on the save but when i did this i got an error (cant remember the error i got)

sadly i cant find the thread again that explained how to update the basefile.bf step by step.. if someone can help by sending the link and correcting my mistakes if i did something wrong above i would be greatfull as i want to be able to fix my own save instead of relying on other people to fix it for me even though i know they didnt mind, i just want to learn how to do it myself if that makes sense.

thanks in advance.
    Here are some methods that could possible fix your save:

How to update the BaseFile.BF

XBOX 360 ONLY!!!

-USB Drive
    -Xbox 360
    -Save Editor

-A way to extract your save

• What is a BaseFile.bf? ---It is a Dark Souls 2 save that has no characters on it.

• Where is the BaseFile.bf? ---It is in the resource folder that is with your Dark Souls 2 editor.

• What is it used for? ---It is what the Restore STFS uses in the editor. It uses the save without characters on it as a basefile for the save you are restoring. It simply takes the characters from your "old" save that you are restoring and inserts them into the new save or BaseFile.

• What does it do/fix? ---It attempts to fix your saves that has freezes, unable to save errors, or any other errors.

Steps:

1. Plug your USB into your Xbox 360.
    2. Make sure you have no other Dark Souls 2 Save on your USB Drive.
    3. Start up your Dark Souls 2 Game.
    4. Click start at the menu.
    5. Select your USB Drive.
    6. "Read" through the contract page and select Accept.
    7. ----It will take you to the main menu screen after saving. (New Character, Load character, Info, etc..)
    8. DON'T create a character. Just pull out your USB or eject it.
    9. Open up the program you use to extract your saves.
    10. Extract your save to the Desktop or a place you can easily get to.
    11. Rename the GAME_000 save to BaseFile.BF
    12. ----It is case sensitive so make sure it is exactly like this " BaseFile.BF " , but with no quotes.
    13. Click, Drag, and Drop the newly created BaseFile.BF into the Resource folder.
    14. Click overwrite the previous BaseFile.BF in the folder.
    15. Congrats you got an Updated BaseFile.BF!
    16. Load up your corrupted save or save that pop up errors in the editor.
    17. Click Restore STFS.
    18. Test out your save.

If you have trouble here is my BaseFile.BF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipcw6qr20tyvlls/BaseFile.BF

---IMPORTANT--- (ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE, NOT BECAUSE YOUR TO LAZY, Because it is best to have your own profile info on the save ) ---IMPORTANT---

For the People Who have trouble downloading the stuff in the Resource Folder
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z9yyqqtbx...DdeUO7C1YqH8fa
    (Create a Folder named " Resource " and Place these files into it.) Make sure the resource folder is with the editor

Manual Fix

-USB Drive
    -Xbox 360 (May work on ps3, Idk thou)
    -Save Editor

-A way to extract your save.

Steps:

1. Plug your USB into your Xbox 360.
    2. Make sure you have no other Dark Souls 2 Save on your USB Drive.
    3. Start up your Dark Souls 2 Game.
    4. Click start at the menu.
    5. Select your USB Drive.
    6. "Read" through the contract page and select Accept.
    7. ----It will take you to the main menu screen after saving. (New Character, Load character, Info, etc..)
    8. Create as many new characters as your old corrupted save had.
    9. ----Example: Old Corrupted save- 4 Characters, so the new save needs, New Save- 4 Characters.
    10. ----NOTE: You can simply spawn in and click save and exit. and go create another character. Don't need to play or move any.
    11. Repeat until you have enough characters.
    12. Open up the Dark Souls 2 save editor.
    13. IMPORTANT: Load your corrupted save, If you can.
    14. On the character selection screen, click extract.
    15. Extract each character you have to the desktop.
    16. ----Example: Character Name: under each character will be - Load, Extract, Replace, Delete.
    17. ----Example: should look like charactername.CHR after you are done extracting.
    18. Once you extracted all your characters, close the save.
    19. Load up the save you made with all the new characters you created.
    20. Once loaded and on character selection in the editor. click replace and select a character that you have previously extracted from the corrupted save.
    21. ----Example: Character Name: under each character will be - Load, Extract, Replace, Delete.
    22. ----Example: Look for charactername.CHR when replacing
    23. ----Example: Find and Select charactername.CHR
    24. ----NOTE: Make sure you don't replace on the same character. do it for each individual character.
    25. IMPORTANT---- You are pretty much overwriting each new character with your old character. ----IMPORTANT
    26. once all characters are replaced on to the new save Click Save All
    27. Copy back onto USB Drive.
    28. Go test your save.

If neither of these methods work you will have to wait til the editor is updated.

-Here is a save preloaded with 10 new Characters that you can use to overwrite with.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv9jjn1blujj24q/-GAME_0000

You will have to Resign and rehash after using my save you downloaded.

NOTE---- If you have the error that says parameter:Null in the editor you have to wait til the editor is updated ----NOTE

Method 3

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/...files-xbox-360
    --- brought you by TruuDot---
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4234 || Posts : 366 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Array

Re: help with dark souls 2 game saves

I've tried using my own basefile, and the one that you provided. Both have error messages that there aren't any used slots in the save file.