360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Final Fantasy Versus XIII To Use Luminous Engine's Lighting System
Register
    The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Final Fantasy Versus XIII To Use Luminous Engine's Lighting System

i just found this out today, i know some of you may have known about this already but i didnt XD, anyways:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII may not have made an appearance at Tokyo Game Show 2011 this year, but thankfully that doesn't prevent us from receiving any updates. Famitsu recently conducted an interview with director and designer Tetsuya Noruma, who talked a little bit about the game's engine and new lighting system.

Nomura stated that he recently did a walkthrough of the full world map, checking up on the game's dungeons and town side paths. He mentions being impressed about the expansiveness of the whole game.

The main focus of the interview, however, is the use of Visual Works' new Luminous Engine (Visual Works is an internal studio responsible for CGI work done for Square Enix games), an all-purpose toolkit designed for multi-platform development. Nomura explained that the Luminous Engine is quite capable of some very impressive lighting and it fits with the team's aim for a more photorealistic game.

With that said, Versus XIII is only incorporating Luminous' lighting engine. Nomura notes that Versus XIII has its own action oriented engine, which has its strong points, but coupled together with Luminous and you can expect some impressive tech.

Nomura ends the interview by promising fans a "Final Fantasy like you've never seen before." Recently, Square Enix did state that Final Fantasy Versus XIII entered into full production. So hopefully in due time, after the Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Type-0 releases, we may hear some more news soon.

Source: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/new...tem--1849.html

im really looking forward to this game, it looks and sounds like its going to be amazing
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    Great info Cloud good to know bro :D n im also waiting for XIII Versus can't wait :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15470 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Bear Hugs

Array

Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII To Use Luminous Engine's Lighting System

Excellent for sharing this, Mr. Cloud. I didn't even knew about it, so I actually learn something today, just like we learn everyday.....except if your playing FFVII.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6516 || Posts : 1,934 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

Haven Donator

Array

Great info, good that they released some new info on Versus:) Thanks Cloud
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5573 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

aFeralSheep

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    i just found this out today, i know some of you may have known about this already but i didnt XD, anyways:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII may not have made an appearance at Tokyo Game Show 2011 this year, but thankfully that doesn't prevent us from receiving any updates. Famitsu recently conducted an interview with director and designer Tetsuya Noruma, who talked a little bit about the game's engine and new lighting system.

Nomura stated that he recently did a walkthrough of the full world map, checking up on the game's dungeons and town side paths. He mentions being impressed about the expansiveness of the whole game.

The main focus of the interview, however, is the use of Visual Works' new Luminous Engine (Visual Works is an internal studio responsible for CGI work done for Square Enix games), an all-purpose toolkit designed for multi-platform development. Nomura explained that the Luminous Engine is quite capable of some very impressive lighting and it fits with the team's aim for a more photorealistic game.

With that said, Versus XIII is only incorporating Luminous' lighting engine. Nomura notes that Versus XIII has its own action oriented engine, which has its strong points, but coupled together with Luminous and you can expect some impressive tech.

Nomura ends the interview by promising fans a "Final Fantasy like you've never seen before." Recently, Square Enix did state that Final Fantasy Versus XIII entered into full production. So hopefully in due time, after the Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Type-0 releases, we may hear some more news soon.

Source: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/new...tem--1849.html

im really looking forward to this game, it looks and sounds like its going to be amazing
    After nearly 6 years I'm expecting this game to astonishing, flawless whatever you can conjur up, I want to play it so bad.

FFX HD will suffice until then I guess! :)

Would love a Crisis Core port also!