Array

What Should My Next Game Be??

At A Good Price

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: What Should My Next Game Be??

Tales of Vesperia.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Array

Whats The Main Plot

Advertiser

Array

What's your favorite genre? That would help. (RPG/ large open world type games is mine)
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 8129 || Posts : 3,225 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

Array

I Like Sports Games And RPGs

Array

Dishonored is a pretty good game and can be had at a reasonable price. Red Dead Redemption is another one if you are into that type of game.

Array

I Heard Red Dead Was Like A Western GTA Is It True?

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Le Best In Le World View Post
    Whats The Main Plot
    You play Yuri Lowell, a poor ex-knight living at an inn. It starts off like any JRPG: you get arrested for breaking into the house of a thief who stole something of yours (turns out is also supposed to be a noble), as you're breaking out of jail you meet a girl who wants to escape her life as a noble, and you venture across the land looking for the thief. Keep in mind that this is all the first hour or so of a 70+ hour game.

It isn't the plot itself that's amazing. I mean, don't get me wrong, the plot is great, but I keep getting the feeling that I've seen it all before. No, what makes the game great is the writing (wonderful dialogue), the voice acting (best English VA I've ever heard period), the art style and smooth graphics (looks like you're watching an anime), and the battle system (one of the best I've ever played).

Not only that, but there is so much to do. It's all open world (which is rare these days), so there are a LOT of sidequests. Remember how I said 70+ hours? That's a single playthrough. I've logged over 300 hours and I still haven't seen anything yet! The game gives you a lot of incentive to play through multiple times. There's a secret ending, a new game plus (with optional ng+ dungeon), and each ng+ gives you the option to add special conditions to make the next play more/less difficult. There is just so much stuff to do.

One of the great things about the Tales games is that they're handled a lot like the Final Fantasy games: it doesn't matter if you've played one of the earlier ones or not, because they aren't connected at all (they don't even take place in the same world). That said, Tales of Vesperia will spoil you if you plan to go back and play some of the older titles; I hated Symphonia because I played Vesperia first.

The only thing I don't like about Vesperia is that the PS3 version has about twice the content and was only released in Japan. No expansion packs or anything, and the DLC is all stuff that you can get with regular play. Still, if you like RPGs at all, you can't pass up Tales of Vesperia. I've played a lot of RPGs in my times, and none of them hold a candle.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Best In Le World View Post
    I Heard Red Dead Was Like A Western GTA Is It True?
    Yes. It was even made by the same people. It's much better than it sounds. Red Dead is one of my favorite games, not just on the 360, but period. The multiplayer is fun too, if you have friends to play with. And the expansion is hilarious!
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast