360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Help With Using A USB Stick.
Register
    ferval100

Help With Using A USB Stick.

I was wondering how you would use a USB to mod the saves with the save editors. After I format the USB stick, would I Copy the save or Move it? Then Copy it back or Move it back to the hard drive? ThanX!

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Re: Help With Using A USB Stick.

This probably belongs more in support then here but whatever...

Thats pretty much correct. Either move or copy is fine though copy is the better choice for backup reasons, if it doesn't let you just move it.
    Once you shove the usb stick in your pc use a program like USBXTAF GUI to browse and extract the data, its pretty self explanatory and just remember savegames need to be rehashed if you modify them which can be done through apps like modio, horizon etc. though some are recommended over others, general consensus is LeFluffie works perfect while modio is :S

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

ferval100

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    This probably belongs more in support then here but whatever...

Thats pretty much correct. Either move or copy is fine though copy is the better choice for backup reasons, if it doesn't let you just move it.
    Once you shove the usb stick in your pc use a program like USBXTAF GUI to browse and extract the data, its pretty self explanatory and just remember savegames need to be rehashed if you modify them which can be done through apps like modio, horizon etc. though some are recommended over others, general consensus is LeFluffie works perfect while modio is :S
    Cool. I ask cause I tried both the move and copy functions on the 360 for the save but after editing them and firing the game up they hadn't been modded. So not corrupt, but not modded either. When I hook my 360 HDD up to my computer and do the save editing that way it always works. I figured maybe I was doing something wrong with the USB stick and the moving and saving. I assume with the USB you can leave the 360 on right? Cause I just moved the save over and quickly edited it then moved it back over and nothing happened. And I had done this multiple times. Then right after I hooked my HDD right up and edited and it worked??

For the HDD I use either the Xport connector, or the transfer cable. I use just a cheap 2gb USB stick too. So I guess I'll just have to keep trying it then. Also do you have a link to the LeFluffie program? I have been using Modio to rehash and resign with no problems so far, but if LeFluffie is better, I'd rather use that. ThanX again!!

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

http://skunkiebutt.com/Le%20Fluffie%20App.zip
    I prefer HDD myself but my transfer cables on the blink and FTP is much better anyway (yay jtag).
    You can leave the xbox on with usbs it doesn't really care about them much, you can even leave games resting on their load menus while you make some changes.

As for no changes it sounds like you may be loading the wrong save possibly? Since you report everythings fine using the hdd you are probably doing something wrong at some point in the save transfer, with the usb in usbxtaf, i find you will want to delete the original copy sitting on the stick before you drag the new one in its place, ive had experiences before where overwriting didn't work so naturally i just extract 2 copies and delete the one on the stick now.

By doing that, when you send the modded save to your harddrive in the dashboard you have pretty much guranteed your going to load your modded file, you can of course just tell the game to load from usb instead of HDD, this also keeps your original save as a backup (if copied, not moved) until you decide to overwrite it later either in-game or through the dashboard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

ferval100

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    http://skunkiebutt.com/Le%20Fluffie%20App.zip
    I prefer HDD myself but my transfer cables on the blink and FTP is much better anyway (yay jtag).
    You can leave the xbox on with usbs it doesn't really care about them much, you can even leave games resting on their load menus while you make some changes.

As for no changes it sounds like you may be loading the wrong save possibly? Since you report everythings fine using the hdd you are probably doing something wrong at some point in the save transfer, with the usb in usbxtaf, i find you will want to delete the original copy sitting on the stick before you drag the new one in its place, ive had experiences before where overwriting didn't work so naturally i just extract 2 copies and delete the one on the stick now.

By doing that, when you send the modded save to your harddrive in the dashboard you have pretty much guranteed your going to load your modded file, you can of course just tell the game to load from usb instead of HDD, this also keeps your original save as a backup (if copied, not moved) until you decide to overwrite it later either in-game or through the dashboard.
    Thanks for the link. I never thought to do that. I always just assumed that when you over right the save with the modded that it would work no matter what. But making your back up and then deleting it right off the USB sounds perfect. So like you said, you're guranteed to have your modded save loaded. I may also try having it load from the stick like you said too.