360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Kingdoms of Amalur, House of Ballads, The Champions Quest Bug (Game Break)
Register
    Array
    Twitter: @

Kingdoms of Amalur, House of Ballads, The Champions Quest Bug (Game Break)

Okay so for those who know this quest, you need to get the House of Ballads Armor set to get into Castle Windermere. The only way to get this armor is via this quest. There is an option to dispel the curse on Sir Airmer which with a Dispel level of 4+ you can easily do. I decided to choose this option instead of fighting him. Unfortunately he gives me half of the armor and leaves, leaving Sir Creth there on his own still under the spell. There is no option to dispel Sir Creth and I am unable to kill him.

Thus my game cannot continue with this quest line stopping me from finishing it for the achievement. Now I know I can just use a gamesave to get the achievement but I want to finish off this quest myself. I can also start a new game yes but I'd rather not if I can help it. Without the rest of the armor I cannot get in. Anyone know of a solution to fix this problem seeing as the only help I can find on google is on the forums.reckoning.amalur.com but it seems as if the site has been closed. I do not have another save before this quest as my Auto-Save decided to save right after I made the choice of dispelling Sir Airmer and I didn't make a separate save either (yes I was dumb but I was not expecting my game to break) so I am screwed. I will of course continue my game to finish the rest of it but this 1 quest will be sitting there and I'll have half the Ballads armor set with no chance of getting the rest unless anyone has a save just before this quest so I can finish it off legit or somebody has a solution to fix this.

Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4597 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Array

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur, House of Ballads, The Champions Quest Bug (Game Break)

Hmmm this is a weird bug. I don't know any fixes for this since its the first I have heard of this, but, are you 100% sure it won't let you dispell Sir Creth? You are meant to be able to, to get the rest of the armor. If it doesn't let you, maybe try clearing your xbox's cache? That seems to help for numerous things.

Sorry for not being that helpful =/
    Downloads : 37 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4366 || Posts : 38 || Thanks : 135 || Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

DarkOne
    Array

What do you mean by he gave you half of the armor¿ You get everything from him when you remove the curse from him.
    You wear the robes [robes are one-piece for the body as opposed to two for regular clothing], the hand piece, headpiece and the foot wear.
    And the Summer's End door opens after that.

You ARE NOT supposed to fight or dispell Sir Creth. You can test this by killing him. The game will resurrect him.

Edit: If you had listed the items you received, I would be certain if you missed anything, but you didn't, so I'm guessing you may have made an error on your part.
    The reason I'm guessing it's a user error, is because I just did that quest about 8 hours ago [I forgot to wear an item too, then noticed it], I'm currently completing the DLC, and wanted the House of Ballads Twist of Fate.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crimi Martin View Post
    What do you mean by he gave you half of the armor¿ You get everything from him when you remove the curse from him.
    You wear the robes [robes are one-piece for the body as opposed to two for regular clothing], the hand piece, headpiece and the foot wear.
    And the Summer's End door opens after that.

You ARE NOT supposed to fight or dispell Sir Creth. You can test this by killing him. The game will resurrect him.

Edit: If you had listed the items you received, I would be certain if you missed anything, but you didn't, so I'm guessing you may have made an error on your part.
    The reason I'm guessing it's a user error, is because I just did that quest about 8 hours ago [I forgot to wear an item too, then noticed it], I'm currently completing the DLC, and wanted the House of Ballads Twist of Fate.
    Well I'll check again but I could only find the Ballads Hood, Slippers and Gloves.

Edit: I checked again all I have is

House of Ballads Hood
    House of Ballads Gloves
    House of Ballads Slippers

No House of Ballads Robes.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4597 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 42 Times in 11 Posts

DarkOne
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Klebo View Post
    Well I'll check again but I could only find the Ballads Hood, Slippers and Gloves.

Edit: I checked again all I have is

House of Ballads Hood
    House of Ballads Gloves
    House of Ballads Slippers

No House of Ballads Robes.
    Oh wow! That sucks, you don't have the House of Ballads Robes, as well as the Shield.
    Just to be safe, are you sure it's not in your junk items, seeing as they can be put in there¿ I wish I had a save point you could use.
    All my current save slots are for the Dead Kel DLC, completed the Teeth of Naros yesterday. Sorry I couldn't aid you more.

Array

i accually had the same problem i got no armor at all regardless of choice and even had a few older saves that all glitched i gave up couldent find a fix one day ill make a brand new file and do it
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4872 || Posts : 282 || Thanks : 108 || Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts

Aperture Science we do what we want because we can.

Array

I guess all I can do is finish my save off and then start a new one to finish that quest line =\

Array

I've had this issue as well all I received after dispelling the curse was the robe and the gloves what a swizz! developers are meant to iron out these issues before release! I'm wondering if anyone's discovered a way to rectify this problem as my previous save was some time ago and I'd rather not have to redo everything...