360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Weidman made history at UFC 162
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

Weidman made history at UFC 162

July 6th, 2013 will be marked forever as one of the greatest underdog stories in UFC history.

The main event Anderson Silva(33-5) was on a 17 fight win streak(10 title defenses). that spanned across 7 years.
    His opponent Chris Weidman(10-0) was sporting a 9 fight win streak spanning across 4 years. Many people thought Weidman had the best chance to beat Silva, and many people were beginning the wonder when Anderson Silva will start showing his age.

During the second round Anderson Silva has Weidman where he wanted him in a stand up game, but then he did something he has done a thousand times(with success I might add), and that is him juking, and dancing with his hands down. Only this time Weidman saw right through this, and pressed forwards, and starting landing shots to his jaw, on the third one we witness history. Anderson Silva was rocked, and Weidman continued to press with punches on the ground, and won by TKO. The knockout looked just like Rocky when he first dropped Apollo in the first movie.

In Anderson Silva fashion he was professional even in defeat. He had a eerily calm about him. Even in his post fight interview all he said was Chris is new champion, I am tired, no rematch.

What followed made me sick, the crowd that loved Silva turned on him, and the place erupted with boo's towards the former champion. It was sickening because this was a man that has not lost in 7 years, and they started to be when he started thanking America, and Dana for the opportunities he has had. The event was held in Las Vegas. MMA fans are the most ungrateful bunch I have ever seen. This man deserved no less then a standing ovation for his run as UFC champion, instead he was jeered, and booed by a bunch of drunks.

Many think the fight was fixed. This is a farce created by those who either do not follow MMA, and have seen the corruption in boxing, those who are Silva fans looking for an excuse so they don't have to deal with Silva loosing legitimately.
    Silva got caught, just like many other great champions have done. Serra got a lucky hit on GSP, no one started to say GSP threw that fight.

Silva was tired, and it was obvious that he might of taken the fight a bit to lightly. Being Champion for that long, and all the media obligations, I am sure he is worn out mentally. But to say he threw the fight is just Bull, unless you can submit evidence that he intentionally threw the fight it is all speculation.
    I am aware of the Pre fight interview where he was talking about how Weidman winning would be the perfect ending, but after hearing his other interviews it sounded more like sarcasm.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4124 || Posts : 46 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Array

Re: Weidman made history at UFC 162

I follow MMA and I thought the fight was thrown by Silva. Maybe it was fixed and maybe it wasn't but he definitely let Weidman win. Weidman didn't earn the title and if Silva had actually tried to defend his title properly Weidman would be 9-1 right now instead of 10-0.

edit: Not a Silva fan.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4562 || Posts : 183 || Thanks : 116 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone's willing to lend me their spare time and mod a couple of saves for me, I have a couple of requests.
    NIER & Darksiders

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Quote Originally Posted by smurfsniper View Post
    July 6th, 2013 will be marked forever as one of the greatest underdog stories in UFC history.

The main event Anderson Silva(33-5) was on a 17 fight win streak(10 title defenses). that spanned across 7 years.
    His opponent Chris Weidman(10-0) was sporting a 9 fight win streak spanning across 4 years. Many people thought Weidman had the best chance to beat Silva, and many people were beginning the wonder when Anderson Silva will start showing his age.

During the second round Anderson Silva has Weidman where he wanted him in a stand up game, but then he did something he has done a thousand times(with success I might add), and that is him juking, and dancing with his hands down. Only this time Weidman saw right through this, and pressed forwards, and starting landing shots to his jaw, on the third one we witness history. Anderson Silva was rocked, and Weidman continued to press with punches on the ground, and won by TKO. The knockout looked just like Rocky when he first dropped Apollo in the first movie.

In Anderson Silva fashion he was professional even in defeat. He had a eerily calm about him. Even in his post fight interview all he said was Chris is new champion, I am tired, no rematch.

What followed made me sick, the crowd that loved Silva turned on him, and the place erupted with boo's towards the former champion. It was sickening because this was a man that has not lost in 7 years, and they started to be when he started thanking America, and Dana for the opportunities he has had. The event was held in Las Vegas. MMA fans are the most ungrateful bunch I have ever seen. This man deserved no less then a standing ovation for his run as UFC champion, instead he was jeered, and booed by a bunch of drunks.

Many think the fight was fixed. This is a farce created by those who either do not follow MMA, and have seen the corruption in boxing, those who are Silva fans looking for an excuse so they don't have to deal with Silva loosing legitimately.
    Silva got caught, just like many other great champions have done. Serra got a lucky hit on GSP, no one started to say GSP threw that fight.

Silva was tired, and it was obvious that he might of taken the fight a bit to lightly. Being Champion for that long, and all the media obligations, I am sure he is worn out mentally. But to say he threw the fight is just Bull, unless you can submit evidence that he intentionally threw the fight it is all speculation.
    I am aware of the Pre fight interview where he was talking about how Weidman winning would be the perfect ending, but after hearing his other interviews it sounded more like sarcasm.

Fixed or not fixed... this why i don't watch fights...lol
    Nice share tho !
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5819 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

i too think Silva let Weidman win, it was pretty clear with the post interview after the fight that Silva didn't want to win and didn't care if he lost, i am big time Silva fan, but the way he fought that day made me mad to be his fan, i have nothing against him losing, its the way he lost that pissed me off, if he would have gave it his all and then lost, then i would be okay with it, but the fact remains that he didn't even try to win the fight, i mean if he didn't want to fight anymore he should have never took the fight and just retired before hand, anyways this is just my opinion and everyone's will be different, i am still a Silva fan and still believe he is one of the best fighters to ever get in the octagon but i lost faith in him that day and i doesn't matter what anyone says to me
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24457 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

He lost because he was being cocky and got knocked out

Array

silva lost because he could make WAY more money on a rematch..i am also losing interest in the UFC they should just team up wit WWE and get it over with lol

Array

Quote Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
    silva lost because he could make WAY more money on a rematch..i am also losing interest in the UFC they should just team up wit WWE and get it over with lol
    No rematch Silva said he's not interested. Dana White said it's highly unlikely. He just lost because he let his arrogance get to him and he's probably just burned out on it all. Also, WWE and UFC teaming up is highly unlikely where as one is meant purely for entertainment and the other meant for displaying fighting prowess and entertainment.
    Downloads : 5 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4846 || Posts : 116 || Thanks : 4 || Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

When In Rome Kill The King.

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Nope no rematch... It was the best show ever tho.... there gotta be some mad people that was there that night tho....lol seats selling for over 5,000 to 25,000 ...lol
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5819 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast