360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Profile help? about bring halo 4's gpd & achievements online.
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

Profile help? about bring halo 4's gpd & achievements online.

So since achievements do not time-stamp when they unlock offline, would it be safe to continue playing offline on my rgh and on november 6th
    bring the profile online? what do you guys think?

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Profile help? about bring halo 4's gpd & achievements online.

From what I hear, the console keeps track of when the game was introduced to the system. I keep hearing people say that you will get banned even if you play using an offline profile. I'm not sure how much of that is true or not, but I'm hearing it from people that know about this kind of stuff. I wouldn't take any chances; the achievements aren't the only thing that can give you away.

My advice? Don't do it. I have no expertise on the subject, but I would erase the GPD and start fresh on the 6th (if at all). Don't even chance it.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6854 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    From what I hear, the console keeps track of when the game was introduced to the system. I keep hearing people say that you will get banned even if you play using an offline profile. I'm not sure how much of that is true or not, but I'm hearing it from people that know about this kind of stuff. I wouldn't take any chances; the achievements aren't the only thing that can give you away.

My advice? Don't do it. I have no expertise on the subject, but I would erase the GPD and start fresh on the 6th (if at all). Don't even chance it.
    hmm. so you suggest i delete the gpd? that was my original plan. I tried it first and had issues. I opened my profile in horizon. deleted halo 4 gpd. rehashed&resigned. but when i loaded up the profile it still listed halo 4 with like 300 gamerscore but the achievements wouldnt load and there was no pictures. idkkk i suppose ill just bite the bullet and delete the profile and redownload a copy from xbox live. thx for the input

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I think your gamerscore is located in its own GPD (don't quote me on that, I'm not extremely familiar with this stuff). Also, here's a link that has more info: http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...o-4-early.html.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6854 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

Well since you deleted the GPD and you still see the Achievements, you could just wait like 2 or 3 days after the release of Halo 4.
    However you could like you said bite the bullet and see what happens.
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4643 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

Array
    Twitter: @

You could also use exPE which is in the modding tool forums and change the date of Halo 4 when you played it for the first time. I played Halo Reach offline on a different account 3 weeks before the official release date and it never got banned so I think those are all false rumours. Else you can always use someone else's suggestion and wait a few days after launch.

Haven Donator
    Array

Well the GPD stores the actual achievements, bur the Dash GPD stores the totals for each title.
    You could just delete that record and it will be like you never played.
    Alternatively, you could just delete the profile and recover it from live. This will lose other data.

(^) The date is the last time played ONLINE, it will still be null in his record.

(^^) The HDD stores data about the game last played(And it is only the last played game, nothing about when it was first played), but I don't think that gets pushed.(Just play another game and it will be replaced anyway)

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by godzcheater View Post
    (^) The date is the last time played ONLINE, it will still be null in his record.
    Aha alright. Never really tried out that function and never noticed it was for online only since all games in my list have always been played once online ;o thanks for the heads up :3