360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dead Island Save Game Help.
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

Sweat Dead Island Save Game Help.

OK as you know, there are many types of DI (dead island) game saves. There's save_0, save_1,save_2, save_3, save_4, and save_5. I have one of each character. Xian (save_0), Logan (save_1), Purna (save_4), And the a Sam B that also a save_0. Therefore I can't put my Xian and Sam B on the same device (like my flash drive). I tried naming the Sam b one to save_2 knowing that it would most likely become corrupted (I have back-ups) and It was corrputed. I was wondering if there was a way to change the sam b one to a different save number (Like for example changing the save_0 to save_2 and it wouldn't be corrupted)?
    Downloads : 2 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 4712 || Posts : 112 || Thanks : 37 || Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"
    — Goku as a Super Saiyan toward Frieza in "Explosion of Anger"

reppoHssarg

Re: Dead Island Save Game Help.

Yes. Create a NEW SamB on system with Xian (save_0). Port to PC via USB. Extract the inner file from your SamB (save_0) and use it to replace the inner file of the NEW SamB GS. After you load it you will see that you now have your old SamB in the new save slot. I've already done similar with Modio.

xMuRdoKx

Quote Originally Posted by reppoHssarg View Post
    Yes. Create a NEW SamB on system with Xian (save_0). Port to PC via USB. Extract the inner file from your SamB (save_0) and use it to replace the inner file of the NEW SamB GS. After you load it you will see that you now have your old SamB in the new save slot. I've already done similar with Modio.
    When you say extract the inner from the first save and port it to the new save you mean the whole thing from bit1 to the last bit in the hex file or am I missing something cuz it might be just what i need in order to fix a little issue im having with a save editor....

reppoHssarg

Quote Originally Posted by xMuRdoKx View Post
    When you say extract the inner from the first save and port it to the new save you mean the whole thing from bit1 to the last bit in the hex file or am I missing something cuz it might be just what i need in order to fix a little issue im having with a save editor....
    Yes every bit. I am using the term as shown in Modio and 7zip. Perhaps if you follow these directions you will get to where we are both speaking about the same unencrypted inner file.

1. Using Modio use "Explore a device".
    2. In Explore window select File then select Open/Close drive
    3. In left pane Navigate to your encypted game save.
    3. In right pane Select GS ot be modded then Right Click and Extract it to a folder (I use GS).

(at this point we will get the encrpyted GS out of its wrapper file)
    4. Close the explore window and in Modio do "Open a save".
    5. Select the save and click on Open.
    6. Click on tab File Contents.
    7. Select the save and once again Right Click and Extract it to a sub-folder (I use X)
    8. Close the Open window.

(Finally we will pull out the unencrypted file)
    9. Using Windows navigate to sub-folder and use 7zip to open archive and extract save to same folder.
    10. If you did this with save_0 you now have a save_0~.

Every bit of the file save_0~ is your Unencypted GS. That is what you will Hex edit.

In the Hex editor notice that the GS begins with FF FF FF FF 00
    and ends with 00 FF FF FF FF.

If it begins with (first 5 bytes) FF FF FF FF 00
    but does not end (last 5 bytes) with 00 FF FF FF FF
    that GS is corrupt.

One other minor issue I have had with Hex editors is usually you need to not only make the changes, but save them as well. Unfortunately I sometimes forget. So make it a habit to save whatever mods you have made before reversing above process and taking modded GS back to Xbox.

xMuRdoKx

Quote Originally Posted by reppoHssarg View Post
    Yes every bit. I am using the term as shown in Modio and 7zip. Perhaps if you follow these directions you will get to where we are both speaking about the same unencrypted inner file.

1. Using Modio use "Explore a device".
    2. In Explore window select File then select Open/Close drive
    3. In left pane Navigate to your encypted game save.
    3. In right pane Select GS ot be modded then Right Click and Extract it to a folder (I use GS).

(at this point we will get the encrpyted GS out of its wrapper file)
    4. Close the explore window and in Modio do "Open a save".
    5. Select the save and click on Open.
    6. Click on tab File Contents.
    7. Select the save and once again Right Click and Extract it to a sub-folder (I use X)
    8. Close the Open window.

(Finally we will pull out the unencrypted file)
    9. Using Windows navigate to sub-folder and use 7zip to open archive and extract save to same folder.
    10. If you did this with save_0 you now have a save_0~.

Every bit of the file save_0~ is your Unencypted GS. That is what you will Hex edit.

In the Hex editor notice that the GS begins with FF FF FF FF 00
    and ends with 00 FF FF FF FF.

If it begins with (first 5 bytes) FF FF FF FF 00
    but does not end (last 5 bytes) with 00 FF FF FF FF
    that GS is corrupt.

One other minor issue I have had with Hex editors is usually you need to not only make the changes, but save them as well. Unfortunately I sometimes forget. So make it a habit to save whatever mods you have made before reversing above process and taking modded GS back to Xbox.
    Wich version of modio are you using cuz I was using an older version so I thought the issu might have been there (perhaps it wasnt extracting the file correctly) so I got the latest one 3.0, wich I dont like at all compare to my old one... and Im still having the same issue :S .... actually it might be my 7zip.... when I try to open the extracted save (done on step7) with 7zip, 7zip tells me this isnt an archine therefor cant be open... tho im pretty sure so far i did everything right since your explaination are crystal clear and the file i extracted (placed in x sub folder) from my save in folder GS is smaller in size, wich would make sense right, the one in folder x is 9kb while the one in GS is 64kb ..... but somehow 7zip doesnt recognize the fila as an archive.... what am I missing now -_-
    thx for the help!!

Oh about the end and beginning of file ff ff ff ff 00 .... then does that mean it would be possible to uncorrupt a save that was corrupted... ? ill give it a shot for sure

O M G! Sorry for all that... the reason why it wasnt working before with 7zip, was that I was trying it on Blinky's save ( i wanted to check out the collectibles and try and edit them as well on my other characters)
    but apparently I cant do that with his save ... only works with mine wich is odd .. but anyway.... if you got some input about collectibles/weapon mods I would most certainly appreciate the info!!!
    THX again

reppoHssarg

Wich version of modio are you using cuz I was using an older version so I thought the issu might have been there (perhaps it wasnt extracting the file correctly) so I got the latest one 3.0, wich I dont like at all compare to my old one... and Im still having the same issue :S .... actually it might be my 7zip.... when I try to open the extracted save (done on step7) with 7zip, 7zip tells me this isnt an archine therefor cant be open... tho im pretty sure so far i did everything right since your explaination are crystal clear and the file i extracted (placed in x sub folder) from my save in folder GS is smaller in size, wich would make sense right, the one in folder x is 9kb while the one in GS is 64kb ..... but somehow 7zip doesnt recognize the fila as an archive.... what am I missing now -_-
    thx for the help!!

Oh about the end and beginning of file ff ff ff ff 00 .... then does that mean it would be possible to uncorrupt a save that was corrupted... ? ill give it a shot for sure

O M G! Sorry for all that... the reason why it wasnt working before with 7zip, was that I was trying it on Blinky's save ( i wanted to check out the collectibles and try and edit them as well on my other characters)
    but apparently I cant do that with his save ... only works with mine wich is odd .. but anyway.... if you got some input about collectibles/weapon mods I would most certainly appreciate the info!!!
    THX again
    Yes it is best to work with your own saves as you never know what someone else has done to theirs!

Yes it is possible to un-corrupt a corrupted save file but when 00 FF FF FF FF is missing at the end it means that some amount of information has been lost as well. Even I am still learning about the workings of a DI GS and that is exactly the part I know little about!

The anatomy of an item is as follows:

Var - Type - Description
    -----------------------
    Name - string - internal name is similar though sometimes different from name in game
    Mod - string - w/o mod is None
    ReqLvl - long - contains color and required level and ???
    Qty - long - Should be 1 for everything except Firearms where it is amount of Ammo in gun
    Cond - long - Floating point number representing condition (NONE = -1.0 = BF 80 00 00)
    Upgd - long - 0 = no upgrade, 1=OK, 2=Good, 3=Full upgrade or BEST!

Let's use an unencrypted GS from a save_0:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8qzka46euknms80

Here's an example of an item taken from that save_0~ the Hex (open save_0~ in HxD and find BigAxe) is:
    13 00 4D 65 6C 65 65 5F 42 69 67 41 78 65 46 69 72 65 47 65 6E 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 4E 46 A4 E4 00 00 00 01 42 1F FD 1C 00 00 00 00

Rightside Text of above (also from HxD):
    ..Melee_BigAxeFireGen..NoneNF¤ä....B.ý.....

But let's just look at the Hex

Var - Hex
    ------------
    Name - 13 00 4D 65 6C 65 65 5F 42 69 67 41 78 65 46 69 72 65 47 65 6E (Melee_BigAxeFireGen)
    Mod - 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 (None)
    ReqLvl - 4E 46 A4 E4
    Qty - 00 00 00 01
    Cond - 42 1F FD 1C (39.9971771240234)
    Upgd - 00 00 00 00

A string seems to have a len of 01 to FF max as 2nd byte seems to always be zero.

The first string is always the internal name of the item. That is in game on screen you may see a Tijuana Machete but in GS it will be a Melee_leg_TheMachete!
    There is always a Mod string but mostly it is None. I.E. the 2nd string is never zero length.

I hope this info helps!
    Last edited by reppoHssarg; 10-26-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Clarification

xMuRdoKx

Thx for the info,
    Ill start a new save wich ill back up along the way while making some change to it in game to see how it affects the file, mainly for weapons and collectibles tho to start of with cuz, the misc items that Im starting to get now except for 3 things
    how do I give them their original colors after using MxS? I thought I had it right, but back in game the colors hadnt changed, I did change the amount from within the Hex editor and Next Ill try to had one that i dont have to see If i can get it to work, I have a save with all misc Items on it so with an hex editor I've made myself a list of all of them, Name of the items - string - and Hex Value... wich bring me to my other question.... Of course seing as the items name are different in lenght its not possible to say that they all have an X amount of bytes (unless im wrong?) so what would be the general rule like (from what i believe correct me if im wrong) we have;
    ........ (8bytes here) + CraftPart_ (10b here)+ the lenght of the items name (depend on name) + ..None (6b) + ........¿€ (10b)
    ex; ........CraftPart_LargeNail..None........¿€
    hex; 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 (so for the large nail itd be 43 bytes)
    What Im unsure of is the amount of bytes before and after the name... (i was using BF 80 as a marker (if i can say) ) thus treating an item starting from the first set of 00 after BF 80 all the way to the next BF 80 but was I right in doing so
    And it seems weapons dont work totally exactly the same way as i couldnt really tell for sure the start of a weapon string and the end of the previous one, especially if that previous had a mod on it ...
    So is there a general rule that would apply to all or its really different from misc items to weapons to weapons in hand to jin's inventory.....
    And what you said aboud the BF 80 bytes = None or -1. for the condition..... with that it would mean that a indestructible weapon could be done.... right! (Ill have to try it out for sure :D )

reppoHssarg

Thx for the info,
    Ill start a new save wich ill back up along the way while making some change to it in game to see how it affects the file, mainly for weapons and collectibles tho to start of with cuz, the misc items that Im starting to get now except for 3 things
    how do I give them their original colors after using MxS? I thought I had it right, but back in game the colors hadnt changed, I did change the amount from within the Hex editor and Next Ill try to had one that i dont have to see If i can get it to work, I have a save with all misc Items on it so with an hex editor I've made myself a list of all of them, Name of the items - string - and Hex Value... wich bring me to my other question.... Of course seing as the items name are different in lenght its not possible to say that they all have an X amount of bytes (unless im wrong?) so what would be the general rule like (from what i believe correct me if im wrong) we have;
    ........ (8bytes here) + CraftPart_ (10b here)+ the lenght of the items name (depend on name) + ..None (6b) + ........¿€ (10b)
    ex; ........CraftPart_LargeNail..None........¿€
    hex; 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 (so for the large nail itd be 43 bytes)
    What Im unsure of is the amount of bytes before and after the name... (i was using BF 80 as a marker (if i can say) ) thus treating an item starting from the first set of 00 after BF 80 all the way to the next BF 80 but was I right in doing so
    And it seems weapons dont work totally exactly the same way as i couldnt really tell for sure the start of a weapon string and the end of the previous one, especially if that previous had a mod on it ...
    So is there a general rule that would apply to all or its really different from misc items to weapons to weapons in hand to jin's inventory.....
    And what you said aboud the BF 80 bytes = None or -1. for the condition..... with that it would mean that a indestructible weapon could be done.... right! (Ill have to try it out for sure :D )
    Perhaps I was not clear. Every item follows this pattern.

Name,Mod,ReqLvl,Qty,Cond,Upgd

In length they are

string,string,long,long,long,long

A strings 1st byte is its len.
    A strings 2nd byte is always zero.
    The 3rd byte is 1st character in string.
    Thus the total length of a string is value of 1st byte + 2

assume 1st byte of string is hex 13 which is (16*1)+3 = 19 in decimal

Name itself is then 19 bytes and len(Name) = 21
    the next string is 04 which is (16*0)+4 = 4 in decimal
    Mod itself is 4 bytes and len(Mod) = 6
    also all longs are always 4 bytes

Thus my example item will contain

Name,Mod,ReqLvl,Qty,Cond,Upgd
    (is of following type)
    string,string,long,long,long,long
    (each is of following length in bytes)
    var,var,4,4,4,4
    So using this example's numbers we get:
    (2+19) + (2+4) + (4 + 4 + 4 + 4)
    var,var,fixed
    21 + 6 + 16
    ===========
    43 bytes in example weapon or item

The series of bytes BF 80 are part of a long that is actually BF 80 00 00 and is a floating point number that resolves to -1.0

It is always in the middle of the item at position Cond.

Cond stands for condition and in firearms it is usually -1.0 or as what you now know as BF 80 00 00

The answer to your 1st question is you need to modify the ReqLvl portion of the weapon which is a long that always follows Mod (string) and preceeds Qty (long)

Your own hex item should look like this:
    13 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 4C 61 72 67 65 4E 61 69 6C 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 BF 80 00 00 cc cc cc cc uu uu uu uu
    where cc's are your missing value for Cond
    and uu's are your missing value for Upgd

Though values for Cond & Upgd are missing I can still calculate your items length:
    len(Name) + len(Mod) + (len(ReqLvl) + len(Qty) + len(Cond) + len(Upgd))
    (2 + 19) + (2 + 4) + (4 + 4 + 4 + 4)
    21 + 6 + 16 = 43 bytes in CraftPart_LargeNail None

One more example, say you are looking at this:
    Name:  HexItems.png
Views: 217
Size:  14.5 KB
    The 1st item you can fully identify is Tape then Glue then GasForLighter.
    So with 3 items:
    Tape
    Glue
    GasForLighter

We have following respective hex:
    0E 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 54 61 70 65 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

0E 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 47 6C 75 65 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

17 00 43 72 61 66 74 50 61 72 74 5F 47 61 73 46 6F 72 4C 69 67 68 74 65 72 04 00 4E 6F 6E 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 0F BF 80 00 00 00 00 00 00

Each item starts with Name followed by Mod, ReqLvl, Qty, Cond and finally Upgd.

Therefore in each of the 3 items we see:
    Name, Mod, ReqLvl, Qty, Cond, Upgd
    -----------------------------------
    CraftPart_Tape, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0
    CraftPart_Glue, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0
    CraftPart_GasForLighter, None, 0, 9999, -1.0, 0

As to your last question, indestructable use to work but it has been patched out of the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast