360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark souls PVP info
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Dark souls PVP info

Hey everyone....i just bought dark souls for like 10 bucks( steal i know i know :) ) and was wondering how good the pvp is? Ive always been a wimp when it comes to pvp games lol my main question is how it really works? Ive looked online but most sites talk about edicate rather then the pvp elements them self....like am i gonna get raped everytime i play or should i just stick with offline mode lol... ive heard about how awesome the game is its self just not the pvp. And is the snuggly the barter save editor used alot online? Im gettimg the game tuesday and just wanted some info :) thanks errybody

Haven Donator

Array

Re: Dark souls PVP info

Essentially PvP/ Co-Op in Dark souls is based on Level. Say your level 20 you will only find people approximately (This is arguable as no one truly knows the level cap) 10 levels away from yourself so 10 - 30 (some people believe it is 10% your level so 18-22).

(You have to be human to invade/ be invaded unless your in a covenant)
    PvP is set as invasion (so you may be playing and someone might join you). The enemy will not be attacked by enemies on the map and has complete freedom in the area your invaded in (I believe you cant escape other than quiting.
    There are several ways to be invaded/ invade, most common one is however covenant territory (Darkroot garden is PvPPPPP territory as you can get more than one invader). Others include covenant specific items which search for a person to invade.
    Covenants only allow you to invade someone higher than you are (I don't think theres a level cap as I've been invaded by essentially level 1's while I was high 100's)

PvP is somewhat laggy but tolerable to an extent you will very likely get lag stabbed in the back but don't let that deter you to much as you are playing people across the world (no region specific servers)

I think that covers the base of PvP, its great fun once you start getting into it plus if your set up/ strong enough you can be almost unstoppable

Use this also as a guide for PvP/ CooP level. It will give you some idea at what level you should be where and when (to low and you won't see anyone other than griefers who rush the game to get high end gear and essentially rape low lvl players)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1323119782398.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	5893

Also DON'T use Snuggly or any save editor if your going to be doing PvP. Don't wreck online for this amazing game so you can be be a bitch and have max op stats (don't take this personal its just a general statement to everyone who plays online Dark Souls)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5616 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paprika For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    Essentially PvP/ Co-Op in Dark souls is based on Level. Say your level 20 you will only find people approximately (This is arguable as no one truly knows the level cap) 10 levels away from yourself so 10 - 30 (some people believe it is 10% your level so 18-22).

(You have to be human to invade/ be invaded unless your in a covenant)
    PvP is set as invasion (so you may be playing and someone might join you). The enemy will not be attacked by enemies on the map and has complete freedom in the area your invaded in (I believe you cant escape other than quiting.
    There are several ways to be invaded/ invade, most common one is however covenant territory (Darkroot garden is PvPPPPP territory as you can get more than one invader). Others include covenant specific items which search for a person to invade.
    Covenants only allow you to invade someone higher than you are (I don't think theres a level cap as I've been invaded by essentially level 1's while I was high 100's)

PvP is somewhat laggy but tolerable to an extent you will very likely get lag stabbed in the back but don't let that deter you to much as you are playing people across the world (no region specific servers)

I think that covers the base of PvP, its great fun once you start getting into it plus if your set up/ strong enough you can be almost unstoppable

Use this also as a guide for PvP/ CooP level. It will give you some idea at what level you should be where and when (to low and you won't see anyone other than griefers who rush the game to get high end gear and essentially rape low lvl players)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1323119782398.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	5893

Also DON'T use Snuggly or any save editor if your going to be doing PvP. Don't wreck online for this amazing game so you can be be a bitch and have max op stats (don't take this personal its just a general statement to everyone who plays online Dark Souls)
    Man you know your shit haha! Thank you for all the info,,,and i wont use the editor for PVP. My one petpev for dungeon defenders was people using idleshands's mods and ruined the experience lol ill deff do legit for PVP...And again thanks for your wisdom :)

newboy

10 bucks ain't bad man, but hey i have been thinking about buying it as well how do you like it so far? I want to try and get personal opinions before i waste money.

Haven Donator
    Array

Being a member of gamefly has its benefits :) but i cant really tell you how the game is...still in the mail :(

Advertiser

Array

Thanks for the info

rey de 7s

dark souls is a awesome game pvp is good also the only CON about it is trying to connect to your friends for pvp its really annoying sometimes its just that dark souls has lots of servers from what i heard but overall FUN GAME

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBooter View Post
    Man you know your shit haha! Thank you for all the info,,,and i wont use the editor for PVP. My one petpev for dungeon defenders was people using idleshands's mods and ruined the experience lol ill deff do legit for PVP...And again thanks for your wisdom :)
    No problem glad to be of some help:)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5616 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast