360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Microsoft Accused of Monitoring Reddit, Posting Positive Xbox One Comments.
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News Reporter
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Microsoft Accused of Monitoring Reddit, Posting Positive Xbox One Comments.

A Redditor has claimed that Microsoft employees are monitoring the site and posting positive comments concerning their next console, the Xbox One.

The user commented "Just thought I'd share something interesting that happened to me this week. I work for a marketing firm in Redmond that has a contract with Microsoft. I can't say specifically which division, but suffice it to say we are not involved with the Xbox."

During a tour the marketing firm was given of Microsoft's complex "We had a semi-formal meeting in one of the larger meeting rooms, followed by lunch and some more touring. At one point we visited one of the Xbox officies, and our guide went off to find a particular manager for us to meet. He was gone for a while, se we were left hanging in the middle of a fairly hectic office for several minutes.

"Just nearby were two guys chatting at one of their PCs, and they caught my attention because they were on Reddit! I realized they were actually talking business."

The Reddit user says the Microsoft employees discussed getting hits on some of their submissions and decided that they should spend the vast majority of their time on Reddit's main gaming forum, /r/gaming. According to the claims the Microsoft employees were downvoting comments en masse and posting positive comments concerning Xbox One.

According to the Redditor's manager Microsoft have just hired a large number of PR staff to perform 'reputation management' for Xbox One. As the name suggests, reputation management essentially involves putting out a good front about a product or company.

There's no way to verify these claims but they're pretty damning if true.

Last night, Microsoft detailed controversial measures relating to online connectivity and used games for Xbox One. Microsoft has cancelled it's E3 media roundtable and one-on-one interviews with their executives next week.

Source: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...-one-comments/
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4687 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 59 Posts

My Name is Name

If you enjoyed the post hit the Thanks, and Like Button please!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Name For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Microsoft Accused of Monitoring Reddit, Posting Positive Xbox One Comments.

lmao microsoft would do something like this
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24454 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Inactive Member
    Array

I believe it. Im not sure how I feel about the xbox 1. Im sure it will be an amazing console but the way microsoft is it can be a tragedy.

Array

It's to be expected from Microsoft these days, sad really...
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4620 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

Retired Staff

Array

Quote Originally Posted by John Henry Eden View Post
    It's to be expected from Microsoft these days, sad really...
    Sad but true lol
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15489 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

Microsoft, like too many Companies out there anymore, are nothing but money-grubbing, Soulless Things. Would I press the Red Button and do a Reset? You bet your ass I would!

360HAVEN
    Array

Does this really shock anyone? They have to do everything in their power to get people to buy their console after how cocky they acted when they announced it.

Lionheart
    Array

Hardly a surprise, after how much the xbone one sucks compared to the ps4 lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast