360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Jtag - Profiles being set to be silently destroyed by MS
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Jtag - Profiles being set to be silently destroyed by MS

Thought this might be interesting as ive tried searching for people who have had a similar experience but i found nothing that seems to match my exact findings.

Running J-tag with 12611.
    Ive never blocked my jtag box from the internet on my router but did have it so i would never connect to live.
    I normally never have my j-tag connected to my network unless im copying files over to the box.

Ive never had any issues until last week. For some reason i left it connected for a few days and the kids turned it on and played with it for a few days.

I noticed later everything seemed fine but when i unlocked an achievment on my profile it destroyed my profile. What was strange it did not show up as 'corrupt' as the profile still loads. It just show up with 0gs and no games played. Also when restarted i have to assign my avatar again, but when finished it says there is a problem and never saves it. Unflagging and rehashing does not fix it. The profile is now totally destroyed.

A bit of looking around it seems all the profiles on the j-tag (live and non live) that were not created on the j-tag suffer the same issue. They are not corrupt but if you unlock any GS the profile gets wiped. All profiles that were created on the j-tag are fine.

So it seems MS can now silently ban/blacklist your box and after doing this will make your profile unrepairable.

The only way to fix the issue was to reflash the NAND and restore a old backup of my profile. Lucky i had a backup of my profile from 2.5 months ago so i anly lost about 8000GS.

Anyway the moral to the story is block internet access to your jtag (use the latest dashlaunch) as MS can silently set your box up to destroy yourprofile.

Anyone experience anything similar? Just be careful and make plenty of frequent backups of your profile.

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Re: Jtag - Profiles being set to be silently destroyed by MS

Its nothing to do with you being connected to the internet the problem you got is because you modified your achievements and some thing went wrong and it ended up doing what you explained i know because i have had this so many times before until i stopped cheating and found out earning them legit or with edited saves is a lot better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Original Boss For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Its nothing to do with you being connected to the internet the problem you got is because you modified your achievements and some thing went wrong and it ended up doing what you explained i know because i have had this so many times before until i stopped cheating and found out earning them legit or with edited saves is a lot better
    Ive never modified my profile ever so thats not the cause.
    Its 'blacklisted'. If you put any profile not created by the actual jtag box it will 'destroy' the profile when you unlock your next achievment.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by kero View Post
    Ive never modified my profile ever so thats not the cause.
    Its 'blacklisted'. If you put any profile not created by the actual jtag box it will 'destroy' the profile when you unlock your next achievment.
    -.-
    its a corrupt profile as he sayed.
    however you dont need to mod your profile for it to become corupt,

recover it and youll be fine.

News Reporter

Array

Thats quite an interesting find, I had a similar problem a few months back and never even considered that it could be because the profile was originally created on a retail 360 then moved to a jtagged one. I found that only certain achievements would reset my profile though, not all of them and that the .gpd info would not be saved for any games that had avatar awards on them.

Never found a solution in the end, just deleted the bloody thing and started again and never had a problem since.

scorpy78

I just tried it out, created a new profile on my original xbox connected to live (DB 13599), moved it to my jtag (new Freebot 13599).

Started Forza 2, got 5 achievements on the first track and all fine, nothing corrupt here

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by scorpy78 View Post
    I just tried it out, created a new profile on my original xbox connected to live (DB 13599), moved it to my jtag (new Freebot 13599).

Started Forza 2, got 5 achievements on the first track and all fine, nothing corrupt here
    Yes thats how it has always been for me. I could always swap between jtag and normal box without any issues. And i still can now after rewriting the nand.

The issue happen when i left my j-tag connected to the internet last week by accident. The j-tag box has been blacklisted or something while connected by MS. When this happends the nand is modified with the blacklist details. Because the j-tag is blacklisted it will not sign any files that have been signed by another keypair. Unlock an achievment than just destroys the profile. However it will sign profiles and save made by its own keypair. (Well thats my theory).

Administrator

Array

The console will always sign local STFS (CON) regardless, where it's failing is when the volume is validated. When STFS is signed there's a certificate (which is signed as well) copied from the KV.bin to the header as well; this certificate holds information about the specific console is was signed on such as the manufacturing date, product line, console type (ie: retail/devkit), but more importantly the console ID.

In the NAND (flash) there's a file called crl.bin, which is an abbreviation for Console Revocation List, this file contains a (very large) list of revoked console IDs. When validating, the dash looks at the stored certificate for validity, if that passes then it checks through the console information stored within that certificate but again, more importantly the console ID. The dash will do a look up in the crl.bin for the console ID stored in the certificate, if it's contained within that list then validation fails thus resulting as files signed on that revoked console showing as corrupt on any console that has a crl.bin that holds that specific console ID - Also, there may be a flag in the secdata.bin for console/key revoksion (not a real word but works in this context) but I couldn't say

Work around:

1) FTP to JTAG
    2) Go to /Flash/ folder
    3) Find crl.bin and delete or replace with a 0 byte file (which ever feels safer for you)
    Downloads : 63 || Uploads : 11 || Rep Power : 5637 || Posts : 347 || Thanks : 62 || Thanked 939 Times in 190 Posts

"If you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game. So you can have all the great graphics, all the different characters,
    and lots of different weapons with amazing effects but if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not going to have a great game." ~Jamie Griesemer (Halo 2 Design Lead)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to feudalnate For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast