360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
RUMOR: Kinect causes older 360's to Red Ring.
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LordHex

RUMOR: Kinect causes older 360's to Red Ring.

This is all of the info I've found on the subject; I'm curious if any of you have experienced problems with Kinect and an old 360.

“It wasn’t until I got my kinect that I had problems. right after getting it, worked fine. Day one of getting it, worked fine, day two, constant freezing and eventual RRoD. My xbox NEVER had froze or anything before this.”
    A buddy of mine swears that his launch 360 runs hotter and slower with Kinect attached... I haven't seen it 1st hand, so I can't confirm it.
    Last edited by LordHex; 01-04-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: forgot quote

VIP Member

Array
    If thats the case its just because its pulling more power to the usb other than that i think its full of crap.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6957 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Hipolipolopigus
    It's plausible, though. Another fail for MS if it turns out to be more than a rumor.

Saiyan Pride
    Array
    Happened to me 7 hours in lol went and bought a new model 360 works fine now, my fans in my old elite were going crazy when i used Kinect and that elite is only 3 months old....so yeah, apparently Kinect is causing problems with people with darker skin too can't recognize there face as well as on lighter people, i think Kinect is racist... Also alot of people who are over six foot as i am have had problems i know i have, especially on fighting games, its ridiculous how much you pay for this thing, you atleast expect it to work and not blow up your xbox lol
    Downloads : 120 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 5165 || Posts : 227 || Thanks : 60 || Thanked 235 Times in 38 Posts

Flying Is Simple, You Just Throw Yourself At The Ground, Then Miss.

Haven Donator
    Array
    Im surprised there are any of those original models left now. For anybody whe actually uses them the RRoD is enevitable. Probably with kinect running its just that extra bit that sends them over the edge.

iamzed
    Well when people go out and buy a new xbox when the last one they had was only 3 months old Companys like Mirosoft know they can make subpar products can get away with it because most people have no standards.

Saiyan Pride
    Array
    Lawl i think mine was a 2009 elite, it was brand new. bought it 3 months ago.
    Downloads : 120 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 5165 || Posts : 227 || Thanks : 60 || Thanked 235 Times in 38 Posts

Flying Is Simple, You Just Throw Yourself At The Ground, Then Miss.

LordHex
    Quote Originally Posted by x Revenge Inc x View Post
    ....so yeah, apparently Kinect is causing problems with people with darker skin too can't recognize there face as well as on lighter people, i think Kinect is racist... Also alot of people who are over six foot as i am have had problems i know i have, especially on fighting games, its ridiculous how much you pay for this thing, you atleast expect it to work and not blow up your xbox lol
    LOL

I'm over 6 feet tall and I have major problems.. especially with throwing things like javelin and shotput in Kinect Sports.

BTW: Some HP laptops & webcams with facial tracking are racist too... I wonder if they're working with Microsoft. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast