360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
some help with my pc.
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hacker-T
    Array

some help with my pc.

hello, can anyone help me with some help with my pc? got a small problem and would like to see if someone can help me. ever since I updated Windows 7 x64 about a month ago. those monthly updates from Microsoft. I noticed my sidebar gadgets don't appear when I turn on or restart my pc. so I need to open up task manager to close it once or twice and turn on the sidebar. every time I got to do this. just to much to keep doing it. can someone help me out to fix it? I don't want to reinstall windows again.

Array

Re: some help with my pc.

Hello fruityhead
    I assume you are using windows 7, so here is what i know regarding to your problem ..

1st solution :
    Desktop gadgets disappear when you have UAC turned off, so turn it back on to its lowest setting and see if the gadgets works as it should be.

2nd solution :
    Do you have desktop icons hidden?
    the Gadgets also disappear if Show Desktop Items is disabled.
    So, try and show your desktop hidden icons and see if the gadgets works as it should be now.

3rd Solution :
    There maybe some kind of bug in the way the Gadgets component is behaving.
    So, Try this:
    -Press the WINKEY+R to bring up the Run Dialog Box.
    -Copy / Paste this line in the Open box :
    %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /showGadgets
    (Make sure this command is entered exactly as shown, including the spaces and characters)
    -Press OK.

Does this start the Gadget component?
    If this does not work, open Control Panel, select All Control Panel Items.
    Click Programs and Features to open.
    In the Tasks Pane (left side) click Turn Windows Features On or Off.

~This window will take a couple of minutes to open, be patient~
    When this window opens, scroll down and make sure that the Windows Gadget Platform has a check mark. If it is not checked, place a check mark in the box and select OK.

Let me know if one of these solutions works for you.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by dark1crow; 12-31-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Downloads : 46 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4679 || Posts : 101 || Thanks : 322 || Thanked 99 Times in 35 Posts

~I'd finally set out to make my mark.. to find adventure.. but instead.. adventure found me ~

Hacker-T
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by dark1crow View Post
    Hello fruityhead
    I assume you are using windows 7, so here is was i know regarding to your problem ..

1st solution :
    Desktop gadgets disappear when you have UAC turned off, so turn it back on to its lowest setting and see if the gadgets works as it should be.
    hello ty for the reply. I did lower the setting, but didn't work.
    2nd solution :
    Do you have desktop icons hidden?
    the Gadgets also disappear if Show Desktop Items is disabled.
    So, try and show your desktop hidden icons and see if the gadgets works as it should be now.

nope my icons are not hidden.

3rd Solution :
    There maybe some kind of bug in the way the Gadgets component is behaving.
    So, Try this:
    -Press the WINKEY+R to bring up the Run Dialog Box.
    -Copy / Paste this line in the Open box :
    %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /showGadgets
    (Make sure this command is entered exactly as shown, including the spaces and characters)
    -Press OK.

well didn't work.

Does this start the Gadget component?
    If this does not work, open Control Panel, select All Control Panel Items.
    Click Programs and Features to open.
    In the Tasks Pane (left side) click Turn Windows Features On or Off.

~This window will take a couple of minutes to open, be patient~
    When this window opens, scroll down and make sure that the Windows Gadget Platform has a check mark. If it is not checked, place a check mark in the box and select OK.

Let me know if one of these solutions works for you.
    Good luck.
    well I did try it and restarted my pc, and didn't work. so guess I need to keep going to the taskbar so I can open it. cant use those registry cleaners because they make more harm on my pc than good. guess i'll reinstall windows instead. don't even know what happen. the only gadgets I use is the cpu meter, calendar, and network meter.

Mohansingh

I was searching for the same topic/ question but this page really satisfied me with the details which are very much important as well as will help others also.

Textile Designing Software
    Chinese Antique Furniture
    Seforim
    loadxtreme
    istqb training providers in pune
    galapagos tours

Array

Okay then, can you try and login as a different user and see if it still works, also did you download any new gadgets recently?

By the way, I'd suggest running the System File Checker

If nothing did well then, honestly, if i were you I'd have given up gadgets entirely and I would advise you to do the same.
    The actual utility they bring to the table is not worth all the hassle.
    Personally, I believe Microsoft messed them up for us through a KB update, and all we can do now is live without them.

Instead, if you ever needed to know the CPU/RAM usages? I'd advice you to use www.rainmeter.net~
    Rainmeter is a free Windows application that enhances your desktop with a ton of cool widgets and features. You can monitor your system performance, the time and date, weather, RSS feeds, and many other things.
    it's much more enjoyable and customizable .
    Downloads : 46 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4679 || Posts : 101 || Thanks : 322 || Thanked 99 Times in 35 Posts

~I'd finally set out to make my mark.. to find adventure.. but instead.. adventure found me ~

Hacker-T
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by dark1crow View Post
    Okay then, can you try and login as a different user and see if it still works, also did you download any new gadgets recently?

i will see. i only have one account. will try another account.

By the way, I'd suggest running the System File Checker

i did run it and this is what i saw. "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation." so i guess its not corrupt.

If nothing did well then, honestly, if i were you I'd have given up gadgets entirely and I would advise you to do the same.
    The actual utility they bring to the table is not worth all the hassle.
    Personally, I believe Microsoft messed them up for us through a KB update, and all we can do now is live without them.

Instead, if you ever needed to know the CPU/RAM usages? I'd advice you to use www.rainmeter.net~
    Rainmeter is a free Windows application that enhances your desktop with a ton of cool widgets and features. You can monitor your system performance, the time and date, weather, RSS feeds, and many other things.
    it's much more enjoyable and customizable .
    oh i see. well guess i'll have to live with out them i guess. really like the gadgets. so will try site you told me.

Hacker-T
    Array

i also noticed that when i turn on/restart my pc. and when the gadgets doesn't show up. one program that i have doesn't start, and that program i have is The Weather Channel. when it start? the program doesn't load up. it just stays loading forever. so i need to right-click to shut down the program next to the time. and open it and then it works. nut sometime when i turn on/restart the pc and the gadgets load up TWC also loads up too. kind weird. wonder why that happens? could be errors on my pc? i also noticed when open TWC i see ADS saying my pc has error and its slow. it might be true that my pc is slow. i use a SSD for windows only and to install some programs on my SSD. i have the magnifier pin on my taskbar. and i notice it takes a little longer to load up. before it load up quick, but now takes a little while long for it to load up.

Haven's Warrior lv5

Array
    Twitter: @

dont bother using task manager. i have windows 7 on my other drive and my gadgets dont show up sometimes all i do is click the START and type gadgets and ENTER it loads them up then
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5146 || Posts : 513 || Thanks : 304 || Thanked 123 Times in 75 Posts

My Trainers / Peek Poker Plugins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!