360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Is Cain and Able safe to use?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

Is Cain and Able safe to use?

Just wondering.
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4667 || Posts : 218 || Thanks : 54 || Thanked 175 Times in 17 Posts

Vincent Valentine

Re: Is Cain and Able safe to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaid View Post
    Just wondering.
    EDIT: Nevermind, Cane and Able is the password recovery thing right?

Extorris
    Array

Yes it's safe to use. Use it wisely though.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8136 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

Array

What are some of the things I could do with Cain and Able? :)
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4667 || Posts : 218 || Thanks : 54 || Thanked 175 Times in 17 Posts

Extorris
    Array

I'm not going to discuss that. As it can lead to bad things.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8136 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Array

K, Ill keep my mouth shut

Array

Security/system audits, password recovery, traffic sniffing, and the such. It's one of the better, albeit somewhat dated, auditing suites for Windows, and a decent starting point for newcomers who want to learn more about IS. If that's what you're looking to do, countless tutorials can easily be found with a quick Google or YouTube search.

K, Ill keep my mouth shut
    I wouldn't be too worried about asking general use questions. C&A is a legitimate tool used by consummate security professionals, no different than something along the lines of Wireshark. I may be in the minority, but I would actually encourage you to discuss and learn more about it. Not only can it assist you in troubleshooting and securing your own machines and network(s), but, once mastered, utilities like these can also help you land a job or attract auditing clients. It also serves as a wake-up call for many people who don't really take PC, network, or wireless security seriously until they see first-hand what tools like these can do.

Of course, like almost anything else out there with a legitimate use (guns, knives, forks, magnets, comamnd prompts, hex editors, flour, etc), it can also used for nefarious purposes, but that's ultimately down to whether or not you really want to be a dildo. Don't be a dildo.

Sniffing traffic gets incredibly boring really fast anyway.

Noctis Caelum

please dont use when playing on a non server game is all im saying please...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast