Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Nintendo Will Sell A Standalone Retail Version Of New Super Luigi U

Name:  new_super_luigi_u_box_art.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  69.9 KB

New Super Luigi U is essentially downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros. U. But players who don’t own a copy of the Wii U game won’t be left in the dust. Nintendo today announced that a standalone retail version of New Super Luigi U will arrive at stores on August 25th. In the upcoming DLC, Luigi’s red-garbed brother, Mario, will be absent, but critter Nabbit will be a playable character in its multiplayer mode.
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18400 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serious_M For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Nintendo Will Sell A Standalone Retail Version Of New Super Luigi U

yeah heard about this a couple of days ago, i personally would not buy it, its Mario and Luigi or just Mario or nothing lol, im sorry but Luigi is just not that great lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Um.... nice share.. but I'll pass
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5797 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

moneymnky

Sweet I prefer Luigi over Mario anyway.

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    The only reason why i would buy a wii u is cuz of monster hunter n I'm still thinking about it lol for mario or Luigi not sure i would.
    Last edited by thegutta; 05-21-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15470 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely buy this, but only as DLC. I plan to get the regular game, so I can't see a reason to buy what's essentially another copy of the same game, especially a copy without Mario. I mean, I'm really happy to see all the Luigi love coming from Nintendo lately. But I don't think it's a good idea to release an expansion pack as a disc and charge full retail price on it.

Like I said, I'm definitely gonna download the DLC when I get my Wii U. But for the hard copy version, I'll pass.

EDIT: I love the boxart, though. ^-^
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

This year of Luigi thing is really taking off.
    Is it just new levels really? I can't imagine he controls that drastically different to Mario.
    Still, I'll probably end up investing in a Wii U eventually.
    Earthbound ho!

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzonsea View Post
    This year of Luigi thing is really taking off.
    Is it just new levels really? I can't imagine he controls that drastically different to Mario.
    Still, I'll probably end up investing in a Wii U eventually.
    Earthbound ho!
    He has a few advantages, but he's harder to control. Basically, he can jump almost twice as high and can stay in the air almost twice as long, but he has very little traction (he slides a lot on the ground and is difficult to direct in the air). Playing Luigi is very high-risk; high-reward.

That said, it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to get used to playing Luigi, just a basic familiarity with the game physics. I would think at least a few extra levels would be coming with this. Because of Luigi's huge air advantage to Mario, all of the jumps that were designed to be tricky and difficult for Mario suddenly become extremely easy with Luigi. It was the big mistake they made in Super Mario Lost Levels: all of the levels were designed to be extremely difficult for Mario, but playing Luigi makes them seem almost regular. Luigi has his jumping advantage in almost every game (I think the only exceptions are SMB1, SMB3, and SMW). His jumping advantage is so great that most recent games where he can be played require that he be unlocked by beating the game first as Mario.

So yeah. Letting people play as Luigi from the beginning is cool and all, but Nintendo needs to make sure to keep it interesting. I know I said he has no traction, but he still plays far cheaper than Mario; levels that were designed for Mario won't be challenging at all for Luigi (likewise though, levels designed for Luigi might be impossible for Mario).
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast