360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
About a Save Editor Error (Sorries didn't know where to put this ><)
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

About a Save Editor Error (Sorries didn't know where to put this ><)

Ive been using the Dragon Age II Save Editor and its been working fine, but today when I tried to bring the save up in the editor Id get an error, or what looks to be an error. I dont know if Im doing something wrong, or my save is corrupted >,>; but Id get that little dialogue box with the red X.

Says..

"Unhandle exceptioin has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this errir and attemp to continue. If you click Quit, the application will
    close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex."

Under the Details tab theres a whole mess of things in literally another language...

If I click Continue nothing happens and of course if I click Quit the editor closes. I just wanted to know what this error means and what could I do to fix or avoid this error in the future. I really appreciate if someone could clear this up and help me understand it :) Thanks and sorries again for posting in the wrong area. /bow

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Re: About a Save Editor Error (Sorries didn't know where to put this ><)

first off... this editor exist on this site... and there as a thread for it already...
    thats the best place to post such things...

as i'm the one who probably made that editor (if its called "firstblight")

do you have any new title updates or dlc's or something like that since the last time you used the editor ?!
    also did you try it with a new save file ?!
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5156 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,043 Times in 398 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Array

Once again I apologize for posting in the wrong area. And yes the save editor I was using is the same one from here which you had made. Thank you for it, its great. I realized that I had used it
    before playing through several of the DLC quests, if thats the case then theres my problem. I had tried with different saves but again realized after the fact that those saves were also after the
    DLC. Thanks for clearing that up, Sorries again.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

no prob.... just keep in mid... if you're reporting an error or giving feedback for a save editor ... do that in the editors thread... ^_^

i made this save editor before there was any dlc... so i couldn't test it
    and now i'm pretty busy with other stuff to update the editor... sorry...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5156 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,043 Times in 398 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cybersam For This Useful Post:

Array

thanks for the advice :) and np ima just have to do any editing before touching the DLC stuff.

Administrator
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

I don't think this error has anything to do with the dlc.
    It has to do with the money/gold value.

Tool can go max 99.999.999 gold so if you have 100.000.000+ gold then you will get "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection" error.
    Downloads : 151 || Uploads : 12 || Rep Power : 6868 || Posts : 3,322 || Thanks : 488 || Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,282 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

@seph
    na that can't be it... i'm already checking for max values

but it might be that the value are saved as unsigned integer and i'm reading them as signed values... need to change that...
    (now that i look through the code again.... man that's messy... i can't believe i did that ^_^''')

in any case... its worth a try...
    @Jefejoobes
    if you have more money than stated above ?!...
    if so... try buy a lot of stuff so it goes down below that max and see if that helps...

Rich Cook

Array

Hmm something else to think about. I think I had put the max amount of gold possible in the editor and when I played through I was earning more than what I guess was supposed to be the cap amount in the game. Ill do as you suggest, thanks :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast