360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Sonic 3
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic 3

Haven Donator

Array

Sonic 3

Im currently messing around with Sonic 3 trying to hex, Rings, Lives and Score.
    My save has:

Score: 196500
    Rings: 87
    Lives: 10

The hex value for each number is:

2FF94
    A

Am I correct?

I have searched the whole save for each hex value and can't find anything so started looking in the text string and can only find "Time Played" there.

Is there an easier way to find each value to hex the save?

Whoops move to Discussion.
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2961 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

Developer
    Array

Re: Sonic 3

ok here is how I think its layed out in the save the lives are int8 which is a byte the rings probably the same if not might be int32 and score is just a myth to me honestly also could you post the save so that I can make an editor for it
    Downloads : 29 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2782 || Posts : 465 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 767 Times in 150 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

http://www.mediafire.com/?u9cf9ucqjnb6l0v

How do you search int8/32 I don't know what that means? If you make an editor could I see the source to see how its made? I have never made an editor and have next to no coding experience. I don't even know where to start with an editor past designing it lol

I was going to make this my first editor but you go ahead and do it :)
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2961 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

"Int" means integer. Its just means how many bytes are used in the value. Int8 is one byte (two digits), int32 is four bytes (eight digits) For instance, writing ten lives (A) as int8 would look like this: 0A, while as int32 it would look like this: 0000000A. Taking that into account, the score is definitely int32 (no way it could be any smaller). Lives have to be int8 (I would be surprised if they weren't). I think rings are int16 because they don't stop at 255.

Anyways, for your score, search for 0002FF94; for rings, search 0057; and for lives, search 0A. You're much more likely to find something more concrete that way. Also, any good quality hex editor will allow you to specify which integer type to look for in with the search function, so if you're still not certain on the differences between int8/int16/int32/int64, that should help.

Also, don't let this discourage you from making that editor. Once you've got the hang of it, working with different int types is a breeze.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Developer
    Array

that was quick reply work emerald also I will make an editor and give the source out on here for people to learn from the way I code my editors also I think your right about the rings
    Downloads : 29 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2782 || Posts : 465 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 767 Times in 150 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by xDEADLYx View Post
    that was quick reply work emerald also I will make an editor and give the source out on here for people to learn from the way I code my editors also I think your right about the rings
    Do you use PackageIO? Or do you hard-code your own functions?
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Developer
    Array

I use something called xboxlibrary similar to xb360

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    "Int" means integer. Its just means how many bytes are used in the value. Int8 is one byte (two digits), int32 is four bytes (eight digits) For instance, writing ten lives (A) as int8 would look like this: 0A, while as int32 it would look like this: 0000000A. Taking that into account, the score is definitely int32 (no way it could be any smaller). Lives have to be int8 (I would be surprised if they weren't). I think rings are int16 because they don't stop at 255.

Anyways, for your score, search for 0002FF94; for rings, search 0057; and for lives, search 0A. You're much more likely to find something more concrete that way. Also, any good quality hex editor will allow you to specify which integer type to look for in with the search function, so if you're still not certain on the differences between int8/int16/int32/int64, that should help.

Also, don't let this discourage you from making that editor. Once you've got the hang of it, working with different int types is a breeze.
    I use HxD so I search like this for lives:

Also there are heaps so do I just have to test each one?

Also whats the best Hex editor to use?

Edit whe nI try that I get this error:

'0A' is not a valid integer number.

Guess I shouldn't do as in the pic and just search '0A' in hex value? There are heaps of 0A tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast