360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits.
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits.

"It sounds like the plot of a boring "Saw" film, but it's apparently all-too-real.
    An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits.

Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it.

"The planning was meticulous," Franz Fasching, a police spokesman, told the Daily Mail. "[Url] waited until his wife and his adult son had left the house and he was alone. He then switched it on and sliced off his left foot above the ankle--throwing it in the fire so it would not be possible to reattach it before he called emergency services."

He "then made his way to the garage where he called emergency services and waited for them to arrive."

Url was airlifted to a hospital in Graz, where he was put in an artificial coma so doctors could stabilize him.

"The foot was too badly burned to reattach," a hospital spokesman said. "All we could do was seal the wound. He had lost a lot of blood--he almost died on the way to hospital."

According to the Austrian Times, Url had complained before the incident that he was too sick to work and "didn't like the work he was offered."

The kicker: according to the paper, being footless does not necessarily qualify Url for unemployment compensation.

"He will be assessed once he is out of hospital and we will see what work we can find for him," Hermann Gössinger, a spokesman for the employment benefits office, said."
    SOURCE: Yahoo

Now thats commitment, obviously doesn't want to work lol
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2957 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits.

damn now thats dedication lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22149 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Advertiser

Array

Fkn dole bludger! I cannot stand people like that lol!
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 5837 || Posts : 3,230 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 327 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by RpGGuY View Post
    Fkn dole bludger! I cannot stand people like that lol!
    Yeah I know I can't get work at all atm and would near kill for a job, and you got guys like this around smh.
    Downloads : 45 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2957 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 72 || Thanked 195 Times in 104 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Judd For This Useful Post:

Advertiser

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Yeah I know I can't get work at all atm and would near kill for a job, and you got guys like this around smh.
    Sorry to hear you can't get work. Hope that improves soon. In these tough times it's a handy thing to have. My gaming would suffer greatly if I lost my job lol!
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 5837 || Posts : 3,230 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 327 Times in 242 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Sorry to hear you can't get work. Hope that improves soon. In these tough times it's a handy thing to have. My gaming would suffer greatly if I lost my job lol!
    Thanks, I got a great Resume with good jobs I've had, got my first aid, white card, numerous certificates but doesn't seem to help.

I seen a guy on the side of the road today saying "Wanted Job" thats how bad it is in Tassie atm. Weird thing tho my girlfriend put in for 1 job and got it were I have put in for about 200 and only heard back about 3 and they said no. Guess its because she's a checkout chick and I won't do that.

Advertiser

Array

Yeah seems to be a lot of work for checkout "people" but that's not everyone ideal job lol........most guys anyways. You might have to consider relocation but damned if I'd do that until you secure a job to go to or something. Otherwise you still in the same boat.......different port so to speak lol!

Haven Donator

Array

Yeah seems to be a lot of work for checkout "people" but that's not everyone ideal job lol........most guys anyways. You might have to consider relocation but damned if I'd do that until you secure a job to go to or something. Otherwise you still in the same boat.......different port so to speak lol!
    Yeah I was thinking about it but like you said I'd want to be set up first before I eveen thought about going.

I was going to Mt. Isa but that fell through, $2000 a week at start then $3500 after your trained up and have a good job.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast