360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
The Witcher 2 "please insert disc 2"
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

The Witcher 2 "please insert disc 2"

I'm still new to this and I am having problems with this. I'm currently playing The Witcher 2 from my usb, I installed disc 2 on to disc 1 folder but still requires me to "insert disc 2".

Is there a program I need to run disc 2?
    Thanks in advance!

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Re: The Witcher 2 "please insert disc 2"

Yeah merging the discs doesn't seem to work, for me it ended in a horrible crash, probably something to do with FSD expecting a disc change that never needed to happen.
    EDIT: go with tukiya's method, works great.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 3320 || Posts : 575 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 462 Times in 200 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

If you have a jtag/rgh then use a disk swapper.

Example;

Code:
    ;dead space 2
    [gameID]
    disk1 = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00007000\831BBD71B701B42512FF
    disk2 = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00007000\B8605B3BAFB748ACD08A

Multi.Ini example;

Code:
    ; this ini has the same rules as launch.ini and must be placed on the root of a device
    ; paths are determined the same way (Usb/Hdd/etc) see dash launch sample ini for more info

; title ID is used for ini category (can be found in fsd, with xextool, the folder name built by iso2god/nxe install)
    ; use only numbers and small letters here
    ; only disks listed in the correct titleid category will be parsed from this ini
    [454108DF]
    ; dead space 2
    ; paths for extracted games MUST end in a \
    ; extracted game folder MUST have a default.xex in it, even if it's just a 0 byte file
    disk1 = LHdd:\games\dead space 2 disc1\
    disk2 = LHdd:\games\dead space 2 disc2\
    disk1 = Hdd:\games\dead space 2 disc1\
    disk2 = Hdd:\games\dead space 2 disc2\
    disk1 = Hdd1:\games\dead space 2 disc1\
    disk2 = Hdd1:\games\dead space 2 disc2\
    open launch.ini add this below plugins.

Code:
    plugin1 = Hdd:\swap.xex
    Note: the multi.ini has the same rules as launch.ini and must be placed on the root of a device.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Downloads : 151 || Uploads : 12 || Rep Power : 6872 || Posts : 3,322 || Thanks : 488 || Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,282 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

darkman

Just Copy the files in the data folder disc 2 only files to disc 1 data folder.

Banned Noob
    Array

to merge the witcher 2 copy disc 2 over disc 1 Merge and overwrite all files and folders
    use SQLite Database Browser to edit fsd2data.db located in FSD data folder and set ContentItemDiscNum and ContentItemDiscsInSet to 0 of Witcher 2 or any merge games u have.
    or if ur lazy just use xexmenu :)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tukiya For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by tukiya View Post
    to merge the witcher 2 copy disc 2 over disc 1 Merge and overwrite all files and folders
    use SQLite Database Browser to edit fsd2data.db located in FSD data folder and set ContentItemDiscNum and ContentItemDiscsInSet to 0 of Witcher 2 or any merge games u have.
    or if ur lazy just use xexmenu :)
    Thanks for the advice tukiya! The only response I was getting from other website where to links to install Freestyledash and dashlaunch, but I already had freestyledash installed, not sure about dashlaunch though. My Xbox is a RGH Jtag version I recently purchased, so the seller told that the software were all up to date.

Banned Noob
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dt0var3623 View Post
    Thanks for the advice tukiya! The only response I was getting from other website where to links to install Freestyledash and dashlaunch, but I already had freestyledash installed, not sure about dashlaunch though. My Xbox is a RGH Jtag version I recently purchased, so the seller told that the software were all up to date.
    They absolutely knows everything about nothing when it comes to FSD then.. glad to help:)

Traine Dev

Array
    Twitter: @

hey guys do u need the second disk while playing disk one? or do u need to finish disk one first and then go to disk 2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast