360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Ive bought a PS3 320gb Version
Loading
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    bigcol is offline
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 311
    Array

    Ive bought a PS3 320gb Version

    I finally got round to buying a ps3. I bought a 320gb version. Havnt even switched it on yet. I'll do this tomoorrow. I cant wait to get started. Right, all I need to do now is Jailbreak it. I'll be looking into this over the next day or so so I will probably be coming back here and asking questions so youve been warned, I will be back!


  2. #2
    Wisdom Sold Seperately

    8Ball is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : UK
    Posts : 575
    Array
    Lesson 1: The goggles, they do nothing!
    First order of business, give your ps3 a static address on your network and block all outgoing traffic from it on your router, this will prevent it from ever transmitting to Sony while allowing it access to your LAN, you won't be able to use its wan abilities like the internet or psn but thats not what we bought ps3s for...
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 3318 || Posts : 575 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 462 Times in 200 Posts



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    bigcol is offline
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 311
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Lesson 1: The goggles, they do nothing!
    First order of business, give your ps3 a static address on your network and block all outgoing traffic from it on your router, this will prevent it from ever transmitting to Sony while allowing it access to your LAN, you won't be able to use its wan abilities like the internet or psn but thats not what we bought ps3s for...
    How do I do this? Im a noob when it comes to the ps3

  4. #4
    Extorris
    Renegade is offline
    Join Date : Nov 2010
    Location : United Kingdom
    Posts : 2,626
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcol View Post
    How do I do this? Im a noob when it comes to the ps3
    For now, just set your LAN (PC) IP as this for now and set the IP address settings on the PS3 like this -

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    bigcol is offline
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 311
    Array
    I Know Im a litttle slow off ther mark BUT I finally set up my new ps3. One of the first things I did was check the FW. I can confirm that it is 3.40. Right, now, whats my best option? I know that there is no JB for 3.56 but this is the latest update. Is it worth me updating if I can jb my console anyway? I would like to use it on PSN but dont want to get banned. So, its over to you experts for some help and andvise. (pretty please)

  6. #6
    Extorris
    Renegade is offline
    Join Date : Nov 2010
    Location : United Kingdom
    Posts : 2,626
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcol View Post
    I Know Im a litttle slow off ther mark BUT I finally set up my new ps3. One of the first things I did was check the FW. I can confirm that it is 3.40. Right, now, whats my best option? I know that there is no JB for 3.56 but this is the latest update. Is it worth me updating if I can jb my console anyway? I would like to use it on PSN but dont want to get banned. So, its over to you experts for some help and andvise. (pretty please)
    I bought a 320gb PS3 brand new, and as soon as i got home, jailbroke it, the following day 29th january, the 3.56 came around. Your best bet is to jailbreak it, As you will enjoy it better, I'm still on 3.55, and still am able to get on PSN, Just a heads up, even if they do "ban" you, we can still sign into PSN and play online with a banned "console" ;) The joys of Sony's bad security.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    bigcol is offline
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 311
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I bought a 320gb PS3 brand new, and as soon as i got home, jailbroke it, the following day 29th january, the 3.56 came around. Your best bet is to jailbreak it, As you will enjoy it better, I'm still on 3.55, and still am able to get on PSN, Just a heads up, even if they do "ban" you, we can still sign into PSN and play online with a banned "console" ;) The joys of Sony's bad security.
    Yeah, Im going to JB. I was going fopr fork out on one of those jb dongles but I dont think I need to do I?. I know theres no jb for 3.56. Im not too bothered as I long as I can play games off the hdd. When 3.60 comes out, will there be a jb for this?? All I need now is a tut for jailbreaking 3.40.

  9. #8
    Extorris
    Renegade is offline
    Join Date : Nov 2010
    Location : United Kingdom
    Posts : 2,626
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcol View Post
    Yeah, Im going to JB. I was going fopr fork out on one of those jb dongles but I dont think I need to do I?. I know theres no jb for 3.56. Im not too bothered as I long as I can play games off the hdd. When 3.60 comes out, will there be a jb for this?? All I need now is a tut for jailbreaking 3.40.
    Just update to 3.55OFW on your system, you can find the PUP file somwhere, I think someone has posted a tutorial with the KMEAW CFW in the PS3 Tutorial section. If not, you can PM me your MSN/AIM and i'll guide you through it.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 08:18 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 10:55 PM
  3. Why does my 320gb slim ps3 start heating up within 30 minutes?
    By Archibald in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 04:20 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 08:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     

About 360haven

    360haven is an Forum Devoted To Game modding Fans from all over the world.

    An Awesome Community of Xbox 360 Gamers, Modders and Developers who Create & Share Tutorials, Applications, Gfx, Trainers and Gamesaves.

    A haven for the l33t.
    A scarce paradise for modders.

Like this page

Google+