360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
You know you are getting old
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

You know you are getting old

So I sat down and realized I am getting old. I started thinking back to the days when I sat with my PS1 connected with a GameShark and parallel cable to my PC for debugging. Hell I can still remember the PC was an AMD K62 450Mhz beast, with 16MB of memory. I can still remember sitting long hours hacking away at FF7 for new codes no one else had at the time (like unlocking a golden chocobo). There was no real program needed, just an understanding of memory registers.

Fast forward to a few years after that and I was writing simple trainers for PC games. Back then it seemed so easy. Working in the original XBOX modding scene was a blast as well. I can not count how many machines I customized or even did custom boot-ups.

Now I sit and have to read guides on hex editing newer games, and even find myself stumbling at some basic programming (I think programming is just due to a lack of use for years.) When my son who is now beginning to understand programming and can school me up in writing apps, makes me feel a bit dated. Makes me wonder if I have lost my touch or if this is now becoming a younger persons scene.

Thankfully, myself and my wife (who just found the glorious rewards of gaming 2 years ago), have both agreed that we will be gamers till the day we die. I guess that is one thing I hopefully will never get to old for.

Any thoughts from some of the other age impared 360Haven members out there?
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2559 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NormG27 For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: You know you are getting old

450MHz and you feel old? i remember the old 486 Tandy with 8MB of ram with a whole 256 harddrive. no user interface lol playing prince of persia..those were the days.
    Downloads : 14 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2184 || Posts : 103 || Thanks : 20 || Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts

Need file hosting? go here

Haven Donator
    Array

LOL Oh I go back to those days as well. My uncle was teaching me the nitty gritty on a C64. I helped him run a BBS running on 4 lines and a hefty speed of 9600 baud. I loved gaming on my 486 DX4 100Mhz system, complete with my external 2x CD-ROM drive (was about as big and heavy as a cinder block)
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2559 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts

Array

those were some good times, when all I had to worry about were keeping up my grades and I was able to pretty much get any game I wanted to play.

Banned Noob
    Array

damn.. u had to bring this up? now im remember im getting old & the Fucking Metal Gear Revengeance is till TBA

Haven Donator
    Array

Remember you had to wait to see of Nintendo Power would publish a solution to a hard game, or you had to actually READ BOOKS to find cheats and what not to games you where playing.Lets not forget that giant ass Game Genie sticking out of your console.