360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
need help about my pc
    Haven Donator

need help about my pc

hello, recently my pc is getting very lag. i dont know what wrong with it. try to scan with my antivirus, nothing found. i want to ask is there any website or software that can scan my pc for knowing what happen to it?

Downloads : 86 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 2694 || Posts : 498 || Thanks : 246 || Thanked 214 Times in 66 Posts

Gfx Artist

Re: need help about my pc

Download the following tools:

CCleaner (Free)
    Avast Antivirus (Free)
    Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Free)

First scan with Avast.
    Scan with MBAM after that, then run CCleaner to clean up temporary files, clean up registry.

Can you give us your system specs as well?
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 3137 || Posts : 924 || Thanks : 85 || Thanked 229 Times in 133 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryudo For This Useful Post:

Emerald Lance

Re: need help about my pc

Sometimes viruses have absolutely nothing to do with a computer being slow; sometimes it's just a hard drive full of fragmented files. Disk Defragmenter works wonders for speed, in these situations.

In XP, it's under Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools. For Vista and Win7, I'm not entirely sure where it's at, but you can find it with a quick start menu search. Depending on the amount of data on your HDD, the defragmenter can take all day to finish (at least an hour or two). It also can't defrag files that are in use, so the best time to do it is overnight while no programs are running (even background programs).

Ideally, you should run the defragmenter once every couple months or so. The more often you run it, the less time it takes to finish. Conversely, if you've had the computer for a while now and have never run the defragmenter (or the last time was a very long time ago), then be ready for a VERY long wait. It's all worth it in the end, though.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4103 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 626 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post: