360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
thinking of switching from win7 to os x
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

thinking of switching from win7 to os x

would this good for my first mac? then i would be going from a 32" screen to a 27" screen.

click on the image

this is what im using as my pc monitor.
    Sony KDL-32BX420 32" LCD HDTV 1080p (2011 Model)

whats getting my attention are these.

1) os is cheaper
    2) resolution is higher (1920x1080 to 2560 x 1440)
    3) has a dvd drive (was thinking about the mac mini. but, doesnt have a dvd drive.)

Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Re: thinking of switching from win7 to os x

lol... the res part is extra funny here...
    if you want a higher res then get a pc monitor instead of using a tv as your monitor ^_^'''

uhm... i don't knew were you're living... but every pc comes already with a built in dvd drive... that is if you bought a complete pc...
    if you've built your own then you should have chosen a dvd drive at the time...
    well atm i'd rather get a blu-ray drive... (though i'd buy a writer instead.. ^_^)

now what do you intend on doing with the mac ?! don't tell me you are going to play games with it...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5154 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,043 Times in 398 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

internet
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

i don't know... that 3d model looks as ugly as the real one ^_^'''
    i can't bring my self to like those things...

i know that if i wanted to work more efficiently in the graphics part of my work i should be using a mac... but as i'm using my pc for work too i wouldn't want to do that as i use my pc for games some times too ^_^

so in other words... if you don't intend to use it mostly for work... then you'd only be crippling your self...
    as i said if you want higher resolutions get a monitor instead of a tv to use it with your pc...
    and if you want a cheaper os... get linux...
    you won't find a cheaper more secure and better os anyway ^_^'''
    thought its not better when it comes to working with graphics or videos.. atm... as those big companies don't want to release their software for linux...
    but there is still hope... people are trying to make good software for it for that part...
    when they finally manage to bring out good software for graphics/video editing for linux... i'll be changing to that ^_^
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5154 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,043 Times in 398 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

i tried linux long time ago. i didnt like it. where i live. nobody here sells 32" monitors. i dont care for pc games anymore. last game i played was postal 2.

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

well...
    what can i say...
    good luck with your mac.. and have fun throwing your money out of the window ^_^

Rich Cook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cybersam For This Useful Post: