360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Anything for fallout 3?
Loading
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Xuang is offline
    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Posts : 13
    Array

    Anything for fallout 3?

    got stuck on a quest and now I can't complete it is there anything to mod the quest so it resets?


  2. #2
    Haven Donator
    MadeGuy is offline
    Join Date : May 2011
    Location : United States
    Age : 30
    Posts : 294
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    There are some great mod tools available, but to my knowledge nothing that you can reset or change quest data with. If your interested in the tool though, check out this site. Download the 'fallout3VE'.
    Downloads : 78 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2722 || Posts : 294 || Thanks : 361 || Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts



  3. #3
    Haven Donator

    Insane JIC is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Freedom St. At the edge of insanity.
    Age : 30
    Posts : 1,042
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Only on the PC.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 3631 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts


    Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Xuang is offline
    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Posts : 13
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadeGuy View Post
    There are some great mod tools available, but to my knowledge nothing that you can reset or change quest data with. If your interested in the tool though, check out this site. Download the 'fallout3VE'.
    Hmmm how do you work this?? I can't even open my game save (xbox)

  5. #5
    Haven Donator
    NormG27 is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : Where the Army tells me to
    Posts : 188
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Copy your save to a thumb drive. Then use one of the multitude of tools out there to pull your save off the thumb drive. This will allow you to edit your save in Fallout3VE.

    If you want to use the PC version to tweek your game save, then you will need to use a tool to pull the contents out of the save file you just downloaded off your thumb drive. There will be a file named savegame.dat rename that to savegame.fos and place that in your fallout savegame directory. Load up fallout and edit what you need and then save. Rename the new save back to savegame.dat and inject that back into your xbox save file replacing the old savegame.dat. Once this is done rehash/sign your xbox save, place back on thumb drive and then copy it back to your XBOX.

    This does sound like a pain, but once you have done it a few times it is very simple. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you make a backup of the save file you pulled off your thumb drive. If you have any questions please feel free to post them. I will try to find better guides or make one if need be for you.
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2554 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts



  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Xuang is offline
    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Posts : 13
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by NormG27 View Post
    Copy your save to a thumb drive. Then use one of the multitude of tools out there to pull your save off the thumb drive. This will allow you to edit your save in Fallout3VE.

    If you want to use the PC version to tweek your game save, then you will need to use a tool to pull the contents out of the save file you just downloaded off your thumb drive. There will be a file named savegame.dat rename that to savegame.fos and place that in your fallout savegame directory. Load up fallout and edit what you need and then save. Rename the new save back to savegame.dat and inject that back into your xbox save file replacing the old savegame.dat. Once this is done rehash/sign your xbox save, place back on thumb drive and then copy it back to your XBOX.

    This does sound like a pain, but once you have done it a few times it is very simple. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you make a backup of the save file you pulled off your thumb drive. If you have any questions please feel free to post them. I will try to find better guides or make one if need be for you.
    I have the savedata.dat but I can't use Fallout3VE to open it that's the problem :/ and I don't have fallout for pc

  7. #7
    Haven Donator
    NormG27 is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : Where the Army tells me to
    Posts : 188
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Send me the orig xbox save, and I will see what the issue is. I do not have my xbox here with me, so I can not grab one of my save files. If you have a PC that can play fallout 3, then amazon has fallout 3 with all the dlc for under $7. I just picked up a new copy myself.

    I will look at your save, and see maybe even if I can edit what is wrong with the quest on the PC side if need be. I will also write up a tut for you on using Fallout3VE.
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2554 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts



  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Xuang is offline
    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Posts : 13
    Array

    Re: Anything for fallout 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by NormG27 View Post
    Send me the orig xbox save, and I will see what the issue is. I do not have my xbox here with me, so I can not grab one of my save files. If you have a PC that can play fallout 3, then amazon has fallout 3 with all the dlc for under $7. I just picked up a new copy myself.

    I will look at your save, and see maybe even if I can edit what is wrong with the quest on the PC side if need be. I will also write up a tut for you on using Fallout3VE.
    Sorry kinda too late I raged so I deleted all my saves and started over, it was no big deal though I just started and the quest I was stuck on was Those! the kid ran away because of enemies nearby and disappeared 4ever.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [YouTube] Fallout 4 Pre-Order Required to Get Free Fallout 3 on Xbox One
    By THUMBS in forum Youtube Famous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 05:32 PM
  2. What would you like to see in the new fallout ?
    By Original Boss in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
  3. Fallout 3
    By BrayWyatt in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     

About 360haven

    360haven is an Forum Devoted To Game modding Fans from all over the world.

    An Awesome Community of Xbox 360 Gamers, Modders and Developers who Create & Share Tutorials, Applications, Gfx, Trainers and Gamesaves.

    A haven for the l33t.
    A scarce paradise for modders.

Like this page

Google+