DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced

http://www.ps3trophies.com

Bethesda Softworks announced today that DOOM 3 BFG Edition is currently in development by id Software and will be available to purchase this Fall. This package comes fully remastered with lots of new features, and is said to have Full Trophy Support.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition comes with the 'Resurrection of Evil' add-on pack, the package also contains seven new levels entitled ‘The Lost Mission.’

And if that wasn't enough, the DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM 2 games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by id Software, the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre.

The game has had several gameplay enhancements, including improved rendering and lighting, and a new checkpoint save system allowing for smoother progression through the game, fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and DOOM 3 now features the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.

John Carmack, Technical Director at id Software had this to say;
    “DOOM 3 was enthusiastically embraced by gamers worldwide at its release. Today, the full experience has been enhanced and extended to be better than ever, and is delivered across all the platforms with a silky smooth frame rate and highly responsive controls. New support for 3D TVs, monitors, and head mounted displays also allows players to experience the game with more depth than ever before. We think shooter fans everywhere will love it.”
    This is great news for fans of the FPS genre, DOOM is coming to the PS3 for the first time. It does seem surprising that they've announced it with a Fall release date, although it will probably get delayed.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6259 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced

not sure if i will get this remastered version of this game XD, still nice share Sterling :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22146 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

i played it on the original xbox. and, i didnt care for it that much. ide rather have DOOM 4...
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6259 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    not sure if i will get this remastered version of this game XD, still nice share Sterling :)
    I agreed with cloud not sure eather nice share archer
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13176 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Bear Hugs

Array

Excellent share, Mr. Sterling.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4219 || Posts : 1,935 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to revsix6 For This Useful Post:

Array

Cool, I loved Doom 3 on the PC I may get this also.

Haven Donator
    Array

Put hundreds of hours into the first two dooms, doom 3 got 1 hour and never touched it again.
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2554 || Posts : 188 || Thanks : 77 || Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Loved all the Doom Games including Doom 3 can't wait to play it on my Xbox360 again with my friend specially playing Turkey Puncher 3000 on Doom 3 with my friend was funny as fuck. Once it's out im so gonna do a Co-op Let's Play on it. :)
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 3055 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.