360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Two profile trick?
Register
    garyj2006

Two profile trick?

Hi i live in the UK and i have two profiles my main profile that i use (UK profile) and a second one that is just for friends coming over (US profile) I noticed on the US marketplace they had "jurassic park games" in the on demand section to buy i was wondering would i be able to put points on my US Account download it and play it using my UK account even though i live in the UK?

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Two profile trick?

Don't quote me on this but i think once it's on your Xbox any Profile can play it
    Get a second opinion though I'm not 100% Positive

DarkOne
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by garyj2006 View Post
    Hi i live in the UK and i have two profiles my main profile that i use (UK profile) and a second one that is just for friends coming over (US profile) I noticed on the US marketplace they had "jurassic park games" in the on demand section to buy i was wondering would i be able to put points on my US Account download it and play it using my UK account even though i live in the UK?
    It should work I'm in the U.S now, and I have funds on my Japanese profile and I can still download games, demos and addons for them.
    watch the Japanese version of Inside Xbox even though the American one has been canceled. Although I think the free Avatar downloads get locked to the account that downloads them.
    Games and such can be played on your main account even though it didn't download it. As I have the Skullgirls on my Jp account as well.

garyj2006

I know some games are "region locked" so don't want to put all they points on my US account and it doesn't work? really wanting to play this game its been out that long in the US its now on demand but it's not for sale in the UK.....?

Array

The only problem you should come across is your ip adderss. I moved to Japan a year ago and the only way for me to download any content that's U.S. only is to use an ip blocker.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    The only problem you should come across is your ip adderss. I moved to Japan a year ago and the only way for me to download any content that's U.S. only is to use an ip blocker.
    That's not entirely true, there are some games that even if you use a trick such as a proxy to make it think you're downloading it through an IP address from the region the game is for it still wont let you download the game.
    Take Fable 2 for example, if you get the download started, if you're console isn't the right "region" then it will get to 99% and just freeze.

Array

how do u make a uk account

Array

Quote Originally Posted by klo View Post
    how do u make a uk account
    Just create a new account and set your region to the UK during registration.