360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Help] I want a good seat for TDKR.
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

[Help] I want a good seat for TDKR.

I am not much of a movie theater goer, but I want to see the "The Dark Knight Rises". Last time I went to a theater it was for Captain America and I had to sit in the front row ( terrible seat). I know TDKR is going to be packed when it comes out.

So my question is how long do I have to wait (days, weeks, or months lol) to go the theater and have a good seat?
    I heard of people waiting five hours before start time and I dont want to do that.

Edit: I just think this movie is going to be packed for weeks where I live (Houston,TX)
    Last edited by DonVito1337; 07-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Haven Donator

Array

Re: [Help] I want a good seat for TDKR.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVito1337 View Post
    I am not much of a movie theater goer, but I want to see the "The Dark Knight Rises". Last time I went to a theater it was for Captain America and I had to sit in the front row ( terrible seat). I know TDKR is going to be packed when it comes out.

So my question is how long do I have to wait (days, weeks, or months lol) to go the theater and have a good seat?
    I heard of people waiting five hours before start time and I dont want to do that.

Edit: I just think this movie is going to be packed for weeks where I live (Houston,TX)
    Regardless of whatever impressive movie after about 2 weeks or 3 u can get about half way to the top and usually in the middle worked for avatar, avengers etc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Game Wizard For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ytv View Post
    Regardless of whatever impressive movie after about 2 weeks or 3 u can get about half way to the top and usually in the middle worked for avatar, avengers etc
    Sweet! I was thinking that TDKR is going to be as big as the Superbowl or something lol

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by DonVito1337 View Post
    Sweet! I was thinking that TDKR is going to be as big as the Superbowl or something lol
    Well i don't know it is batman after all but avatar was and probably still is the best selling movie. 2 weeks after release i saw it and had middle or even higher seats cant really remember just know that batman is going to be amazing kinda sad about joker really love the
    WHY SO SERIOUS !!

Banned Noob
    Array

the highest paid movie ever to date is The Avengers. For your question, um I mean kinda simple, buy your ticket early arrive early..simple right lol.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ytv View Post
    Well i don't know it is batman after all but avatar was and probably still is the best selling movie. 2 weeks after release i saw it and had middle or even higher seats cant really remember just know that batman is going to be amazing kinda sad about joker really love the
    WHY SO SERIOUS !!
    Yeah Joker was awesome R.I.P. Heath Ledger. Yeah man I never go to movie theaters so you have more experience than me if you got good seats for avatar then maybe I can get good seats for TDKR...hopefully lol :)

Array

It won't even matter if you get a good seat because some idiot will invariably be seated directly in front of you, blocking your view during the entire movie, all while simultaneously talking non-stop and making neanderthalic noises as he/she devours some 8 ton container of chocolate covered Cheetos they smuggled into the theatre.

That being said, if you want to at least improve your chances of having a half-way decent experience...

1. Wait as long as possible after a movie is released to go see it.

2. Never go to the movies on a weekend. EVER. This especially includes Friday nights when the stupid signal shines brightly above all the theatres in the land and every loud, obnoxious moron in the world answers the call.

3. Go to the earliest showing on Monday or Tuesday. Ask the person at the box office how many tickets have already been sold and how many seats are in the theatre and do the math. If the numbers aren't good, wait for another showing.

4. If the theatre has ALD seats that aren't located in a horrible spot, call and request one ahead of time. You'll likely be let in early and can use the ALD to hit people in front of you.

5. Or, just do it the easy way: Intentionally show up late and ask if you can just sit through the beginning of the next showing. Once everyone leaves the theatre, grab your seat of choice and watch the entire film.
    Last edited by Dregen; 07-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dregen For This Useful Post: