360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Cliff Bleszinski Departs Epic
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array
    Twitter: @

Cry Cliff Bleszinski Departs Epic

This is a sad day....

Today we are saying farewell with warm regards to Cliff Bleszinski, who is departing as Epic’s design director to chart the next stage of his career. During the past two decades, Cliff has helped shape many successful games that have captured the imaginations of millions of players around the world. We are grateful for his influence on Epic’s legacy, from the wild adventures “Jazz Jackrabbit” to the visceral combat of “Gears of War.”

Said Tim Sweeney, Epic’s founder, CEO and technical director, “In 20 wonderful years with Epic, Cliff Bleszinski has grown into a true design luminary, and his contributions to the ‘Unreal’ and ‘Gears’ series have helped shape the game industry into what it is today. Cliff leaves Epic with our gratitude for his many contributions, and our wishes for continued success in the next chapter of his life!”

“In my 10 years of working with Cliff, his passion for creating video games of the highest quality has been unflinching. We are grateful for all of his hard work, and remain committed to making our fans happy and to always raising the bar in everything we do at Epic,” said Epic Games President Dr. Michael Capps.

“Cliff has been my friend and business associate for the past 20 years and, while it is sad to see him move on from Epic, I know that everyone here has benefitted greatly from his passion for gaming and the depth of his expertise and experience,” said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic. “I’ll miss watching his star shine from such a close vantage point but I’ll still look forward to watching his continued success.”

We would also like to share an excerpt from Cliff’s personal note to his colleagues:

I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business, as Mike likes to say. And now that I’m grown up, it’s time for a much needed break.

I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people. Epic only hires the best of the best, and it has been a joy working with each and every one of you on a daily basis, whether you were hired weeks ago or decades ago. I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with a variety of disciplines, from code to art to marketing and PR – it’s been one big, rewarding learning experience. I’m confident that each project that is being built, whether at Epic, Chair, PCF, or Impossible will be top notch and will please gamers and critics alike.

We wish Cliff the best with his future endeavors. You can, too, via @therealcliffyb on Twitter or on the Epic Forums.
    http://epicgames.com/community/2012/...-departs-epic/
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2658 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 271 || Thanked 100 Times in 56 Posts

Array

Re: Cliff Bleszinski Departs Epic

Yeah after gears is done, epic is pretty much dead game wise. But they make some very nice game engines. So many people are leaving Epic, must be some shit going down there. Epic is screwing up by letting People Can Fly make Gears: Judgement. Bulletstorm was a flop which was made by them. Only reason it sold was for the Gears3 beta. Epic will miss Cliffy B

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

sad news indeed, Epic will never be the same again
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22144 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by virtz View Post
    Yeah after gears is done, epic is pretty much dead game wise. But they make some very nice game engines. So many people are leaving Epic, must be some shit going down there. Epic is screwing up by letting People Can Fly make Gears: Judgement. Bulletstorm was a flop which was made by them. Only reason it sold was for the Gears3 beta. Epic will miss Cliffy B
    They're taking the Activision route.. Let's how this goes. The last good game would be Fort Nite for PC. Can't wait for it.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2658 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 271 || Thanked 100 Times in 56 Posts