360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Got RROD or E74 Error Xbox lying around? Try this out instead of selling that xbox!
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive Member
    Omega
    Array
    Twitter: @

exciting Got RROD or E74 Error Xbox lying around? Try this out instead of selling that xbox!

I didn't see any posts on this here but this is a great fix for older Xbox's with overheating issues which usually prompts the 3 Red Lights or E74 error. There is a great kit made by Team Xecuter that helps not only repair most of these related issues but also reinforces better heat protection. It also replaces the current clamps to the heat sinks with one solid universal clamp system that locks in the heat sinks better to the GPU and CPU also. Take a look at the link below to see what is involved and always be careful when performing this repair. Also this kit when ordered comes with all the easy tools you will need to perform the opening of the Xbox and clamp removal with ease. Also highly recommended to use Arctic Silver thermal paste instead of normal replacement for better treatment. Another thing to help with your system, if you have 1st generation heat sinks for the GPU and CPU, be sure to replace them with 2nd generation heat sinks as they offer more protection and are built better to suit your needs.

These can be easily obtained on EBay and are fairly cheap and usually have free shipping on them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd Gen GPU.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	9940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Gen CPU.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	9941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Gen GPU.jpg 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	9942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd Gen CPU.jpg 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	9943

How to open Xbox -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaxIB6cXTYM

How to install The Extreme Repair Kit -

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=87998

WARNING - IF YOU HAVE TRIED THE TOWEL TRICK AND BAKED YOUR XBOX BEYOND BELIEF YOUR XBOX MAY BE BEYOND THIS REPAIR AND MAY HAVE PERMANENTLY DAMAGED THE GPU OR CPU ALREADY!!!

Be careful when performing this procedure as you could do permanent damage to your Xbox. I do not accept any responsibility as to what you use with this information. If you do not feel comfortable performing this task please seek a professional who can do this for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idrivefast999 For This Useful Post:

Retired Staff

Array
    Great share fast999 :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13177 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

masterchief07

Re: Got RROD or E74 Error Xbox lying around? Try this out instead of selling that xbo

I personally prefer baking them in the oven, no joke. Works 60% of the time, every time.

http://xbox-experts.com/tutorial/the...flow-tutorial/

But really, it has worked every single time.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Got RROD or E74 Error Xbox lying around? Try this out instead of selling that xbo

nice to know idrivefast999
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22147 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

very nice tut shared idrivefast999
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 16107 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,446 Posts

Serious_M

Inactive Member
    Omega
    Array

Hmmmm fresh baked Xbox's! Whats for dinner :D Never though about baking them like that before in an oven, nice way to re-flow. That has gotta leave something nasty & toxic behind in the oven though.

Hacker-T

Array

The Towel Trick worked 4 me for 7 Month now.
    The First 1-2 weeks it just worked for a few days and got RROD aggain.
    1 Week Later i made the Towel trick aggain and runned my RROD Box for 2 Hours with towels.
    Removed HDD & pluged off everything. waited a hour. Pluged In ONLY my WLAN Cable to connect 2 the Internet.
    Opened Internet Explorer and browsed the Internet for a 30 mins and still no freezes/Errors.

After that I've tried to play a game and it worked without any Freezes played it without HDD 10 Mins later i turned my Xbox Off and plugged IN my HDD and it worked 4 me.

I've noticed that the only way without freezes woks if u've removed everything except the controller and the I Net Connection. Than run an App (NO Video/Music/Game App) Just an App like INET Explorer and play it about 30mins. It worked for me. Otherwise it crashed/freezed and got the damn, fckn ROD aggain!

I used a flashed, 1st Generation, 2006 Build 360 with Samsung Drive
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3494 || Posts : 736 || Thanks : 653 || Thanked 3,525 Times in 269 Posts

WWE'13 Savegame Editor V1.8 by Hacker-T =) *CLICK HERE*
    WWE'13 - All DLC Packs *CLICK HERE*

!!!CESARO RULES FTW!!!

Array

I can say that this worked for me all i did was change both of the heat sinks to 2nd gens thanks mate :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast