360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Three very rare Square fan songs!
    Emerald Lance

Three very rare Square fan songs!

Hey all.

Everybody knows that MIDIs don't pack quite the quality of MP3s. However, that means that they're also easier to make. What many people don't know is that there are far more remixes made in MIDI format than in MP3, and it's because of MIDI's ease of use and creation; more people are capable of writing music in MIDI format than MP3, and therefor there are more ideas that can go into the creation of any given remix written in MIDI format. Want proof? Just lurk http://www.vgmusic.com/ for a while and you'll find plenty of fan music.

Back in my dial-up days, when it was much much MUCH easier to download a 50KB MIDI than it was to download a 5MB MP3 (and without legal issues even coming close to those of free MP3s), I spent a lot of time amassing a large collection of MIDI remixes, many of which are pretty high quality for MIDI format. When my last external hard drive crashed, I lost a small portion of my collection. However, that small portion contained three songs that were EXTREMELY difficult to find.

After extensive searches just short of jumping headfirst into the dark web (and I'm talking AngelFire extensive), I was able to find those three songs again! And so, to help ensure that they aren't lost forever in the canals of time, I've decided to post them here!

They are the Final Fantasy MegaMix, the SquareSoft MegaMix, and the SquareSoft MegaMix 2. They're basically very long medleys encompassing Square's work until 1997 (except SSMix2, which includes some songs from FF8). There are no known details about the original creators, so I'm unable to give credit; these songs were not made by me, and I don't take credit for anything other than finding them and bringing them here. If anybody knows who I should credit, let me know and I will.

Rare Square Midi.zip
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4102 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 626 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God

Twitter: @

Re: Three very rare Square fan songs!

very awesome share Emerald :D
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 21732 || Posts : 18,759 || Thanks : 4,444 || Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,605 Posts

Eternal Dragoon

Re: Three very rare Square fan songs!

nice share Emerald Lance
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 15648 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,446 Posts