360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Trainers and Dynamic Offsets
Register
    Array

Trainers and Dynamic Offsets

Hey guys, I need a little bit of help. So l'm doing some research to create a trainer for Halo Wars and I can find the value for resources in one ram dump, but the location is dynamic and changes each time the XEX is loaded. I tried to trace the offset to the breakpoint, but I'm not getting anything from there either, which is really odd. All the dynamic offsets I found are similar in that they have the same first 3 bytes and the last 3 bytes (for example, the location would be 0xXXX54XXX then change to 0xXXX7BXXX after reloading the XeX).

What process should I go about in creating a trainer for this game? Is it even possible with dynamic addresses? If not I could just mod campaign saves by saving the progress with infinite resources, idk.

Any help would be appreciated, I hope this post belongs here, if not, then I apologize. I would of posted in MBRKiNG's thread but I don't want to clutter up his thread with my noob questions.

Also, sorry if this has been asked before, I did some searches and didn't find anything

Thanks guys!

Last edited by doggyr; 11-26-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo

Array

Re: Trainers and Dynamic Offsets

Try looking for it in basefile or allocated you may have better luck with the breakpoints.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2650 || Posts : 99 || Thanks : 104 || Thanked 145 Times in 25 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sensi420 For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: Trainers and Dynamic Offsets

Quote Originally Posted by Sensi420 View Post
    Try looking for it in basefile or allocated you may have better luck with the breakpoints.
    Thanks for responding! I went ahead and tried this but got zero results. :(
    I wonder if it's possible to have a trainer or rte search a range of about 02000000 or so. The only thing I know for certain is that the last 3 digits of the offset never change for resources (always end in 528), another odd thing is there's always another offset identical to it 10 bytes above, the last 3 bytes of the offset are 528 and the one above it is 538, every time. I tried checking for the breakpoint on both of those but yeah, no results. I'll continue doing research, but hmm...