360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
??'s about disconnecting USB's from xbox
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

??'s about disconnecting USB's from xbox

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if this is happening to everyone, or maybe its my just USB stick. Usually before i wanna mod a game. I save it to my USB stick, goto the Main menu of the game, then sign out of my profile, wait a few seconds.. then i can take out the USB stick to put into my computer with no problems.. But lately.. idk if its the new dash or my xbox 360 USB stick. But when i do the same thing as i listed above.. I take out the stick and it will ask me to put it back into the xbox 360.. But even if i do right away my profile still gets corrupted. I try'd this a few times and it always ends the same way.. I was just wondering if anyone had this issues lately or its just me. Thanks :)

Btw i am using a 8GB The Official xbox 360 USB drive

Security
    Overlord

Array

Re: ??'s about disconnecting USB's from xbox

i have encountered this during the last dash update as well the workaround is to just shut off the console ,mod it fire up the console and move it back and continue on playing i hope this helps you out

vergtoear

Yeah, it's hapening to me too with the latest dash. After modding, if I plug it back into the xbox it'll appear as USB Storage Drive as if it wasn't configured or corrupted and you'd need to configure it again, losing all data in the process.

Have tried turning 360 off, take the usb, mod and plug it back while its on or off, and in both cases it still end up corrupted.

Update: I think I found a pattern. Using Horizon to mod the saves seems to end up corrupting the usb for the new dash, afterwards the xbox will only display it as USB storage device and if you plug it into your PC again, Horizon won't detect it as a valid xbox configured usb either. On the other hand I tried to use usbxtaf again and so far it works ok, on 3-4 tries to take usb, mod and plug it back again without corruption.
    Last edited by vergtoear; 12-03-2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: update

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyP1469 View Post
    Hey everyone, I wanted to know if this is happening to everyone, or maybe its my just USB stick. Usually before i wanna mod a game. I save it to my USB stick, goto the Main menu of the game, then sign out of my profile, wait a few seconds.. then i can take out the USB stick to put into my computer with no problems.. But lately.. idk if its the new dash or my xbox 360 USB stick. But when i do the same thing as i listed above.. I take out the stick and it will ask me to put it back into the xbox 360.. But even if i do right away my profile still gets corrupted. I try'd this a few times and it always ends the same way.. I was just wondering if anyone had this issues lately or its just me. Thanks :)

Btw i am using a 8GB The Official xbox 360 USB drive

I don't know, even with the latest dashboard update i can unplug the usb drive without any problem, and i do the same thing when i mod a save game (except for signing out from my profile). I had a similar problem only when my profile was saved in the usb drive, in that case i had to turn off the console before removing the pen.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

If you're still playing the game when you remove the USB drive, it will give you that message. The console can only focus on one storage device at a time. You're getting the message because the storage device that the console was focusing on last was removed. It happens to me all the time when I do it that way. It won't hurt anything to take your USB drive out that way, and you can just leave that little message flashing on the bottom all day and nothing bad will happen. The worst thing that's ever happened to me is that I have to reselect which storage device I want to use.

If you want to avoid the issue entirely, just transfer the save from the dashboard. It's more stable and you don't have to worry about if your save will come up corrupt. You'll also know for certain that nothing is being transferred when you pull it out. I always try to move saves around at the dashboard.

If that's too slow for you, you can also try reselecting which storage device to use, selecting something other than your USB, and then pulling out the USB. It shouldn't throw an error that way.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4513 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array
    Twitter: @

I've encountered this problem in the past just shut off your 360 before removing it or inserting it.

Haven Donator
    Array
    I encounter this issue quite alot which lead to me losing all my data. Had to start all over with alot of my games. Easy and safest fix is to turn off xbox. I know it takes longer to start up again but its worth it.

Respect
    Technoobie
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S lll
    Downloads : 13 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2665 || Posts : 370 || Thanks : 124 || Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts

Array

If your profile is saved to the hdd and your only using the flash drive for save storage then you shouldn't be having an issue unless you pull the drive while saving. But if the 360 is accessing info from it as you pull the drive out then it could cause problems. If you do have your profile or a profile on the drive I suggest moving it to another device. Because profiles get accessed quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast