Join Date : Dec 2010
Location : Somewhere on the outskirts of Hell.
Age : 34
Posts : 1,940
Alan Wake named Time's game of the year
Time magazine needs to stay away from video games.
This week, Time announced that Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is its 2010 person of the year. Likely of more interest to gamers is the magazine's list of its top 10 games of the year, which named Microsoft and Remedy's Xbox 360 spookfest Alan Wake the number one game of 2010.
In second place was a game that was technically released for the iPhone in 2009: Angry Birds from the now-EA-owned publisher Chillingo and Finnish studio Rovio. Third place went to the open-world Western Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar's San Diego studio, followed by the sci-fi shooter Halo: Reach from Microsoft and Bungie. In fifth place was Nintendo's Wii platformer Super Mario Galaxy 2, followed by the Xbox Live cult hit Limbo.
Alan Wake got its turn in the spotlight, thanks to Time.
Seventh place belonged to another critical darling, the platformer Super Meat Boy from indie shop Team Meat. Behind it came Capcom's punchfest Super Street Fighter IV, with Blizzard Entertainment's real-time strategy game Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty following and landing in ninth place. Bringing up the rear was Electronic Arts and BioWare's sci-fi role-playing game Mass Effect 2.
GameSpot's own Game of the Year will be named on December 24, with various other honors being doled out in the preceding days. For a full rundown of the categories, check out GameSpot's Best of 2010 page.
TIME'S TOP 10 GAMES OF 2010
1. Alan Wake (Xbox 360 - Microsoft, Remedy)
2. Angry Birds (iOS, Android - Chillingo, Rovio)
3. Red Dead Redemption (PS3, Xbox 360 - Rockstar Games, Rockstar San Diego)
4. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360 - Microsoft, Bungie)
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii - Nintendo)
6. Limbo (Xbox 360 - Microsoft, PlayDead)
7. Super Meat Boy (PC, Xbox 360 - Team Meat)
8. Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360, PS3 - Capcom)
9. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC - Blizzard)
10. Mass Effect 2 (PC, Xbox 360 - Electronic Arts, BioWare)