360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Need help with Yukes WWE game music
Register
    kmvegas

Need help with Yukes WWE game music

Ok I'm at my wits end and you guys might be my only hope. I'm by no means a modder, just a music guy. Here's my issue. I'm trying to get music files out of Legends of Wrestlemania. None of the old yaf extractors seem to work on the .yaf archive in this game. I used a hex editor to pull out what seems to be a compressed .wav file (which doesn't play) and have included it here. I have no idea if i need a special extractor for the .yaf or if I can just get this .wav file working. What I do involves audio sweetening or "remastering" and short story is, it's just bad to work with something that's been compressed multiple times so I'm trying to avoid using someone else's mp3 rips. Thanks so much for any help you guys can offer!

.wav, ripped with hex editor

bugsyboy

Re: Need help with Yukes WWE game music

Quote Originally Posted by kmvegas View Post
    Ok I'm at my wits end and you guys might be my only hope. I'm by no means a modder, just a music guy. Here's my issue. I'm trying to get music files out of Legends of Wrestlemania. None of the old yaf extractors seem to work on the .yaf archive in this game. I used a hex editor to pull out what seems to be a compressed .wav file (which doesn't play) and have included it here. I have no idea if i need a special extractor for the .yaf or if I can just get this .wav file working. What I do involves audio sweetening or "remastering" and short story is, it's just bad to work with something that's been compressed multiple times so I'm trying to avoid using someone else's mp3 rips. Thanks so much for any help you guys can offer!

.wav, ripped with hex editor
    Save yourself time and trouble and download the best quality music you can find in youtube and put them in your xbox

kmvegas

Not sure if you understood me, sorry. I've seen direct rips of the entrance themes from the game, but they were already converted to mp3 by who ever ripped them from the game. What I need is the files BEFORE they were made into mp3's. I do audio restoration/remastering as a hobby and would like to shine up a few of the old WWF tracks for my collection. It's bad enough the files are compressed on the disc, but a second encode to mp3 makes it even worse and obviously converting back to .wav doesn't fix what the mp3 encode does to it. If someone could tell me how to get playable .wav files out of this, I'd be ecstatic. People have been ripping music from the WWE games for years, and I've used a few tools myself to do it but I can't find anything that works on this game. PLEASE HELP, someone? lol

TheTeeWhy

Im still with the other guy, just download the music >_>

kmvegas

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeeWhy View Post
    Im still with the other guy, just download the music >_>
    That doesn't help me, sorry. I already have the entire game soundtrack ripped BUT it's been converted to mp3. They are already compressed on the game which is bad enough and I need them BEFORE they are converted to mp3 so I can get the best quality possible in the remastering process. As far as downloading better quality from a different source, some of those old WWF themes are completely unreleased. Some can be found on the internet, yes... they are digital copies of actual WWF arena-used tapes that I myself owned back in 2005 and right now, the best mp3's you find of them online are my own digital conversions lol sorry for rambling on but back to the point, I don't need help getting the music elsewhere. I need help getting direct rips of the music contained on this game disc that haven't been converted to mp3. You guys are the experts in that type of thing, that's why I'm here lol.