360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Yukes's Pre-WWE '12 YMKS Animation File Structure Tutorial
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    qcawlity

Yukes's Pre-WWE '12 YMKS Animation File Structure Tutorial

note: This tutorial was originally written for the PSP version but the YMKS files which contain the animations are the same in all console versions.

MOVE STRUCTURES FAQ/TUTORIAL:
    (1) The YMKS header is 272 bytes starting from 0x0000000.

(2) From 0x0000110 onwards is a Table of Content for the animations in the YMKS file.

(3) The 4 bytes at 0x0000110 determines the size of the TOC. In this example, it is 72C. Multiply it by 10 to get size of the TOC which would be 72C0 in this case.

(4) A move animation is split into parts. This is the block for move 136B. You know this because column 6 & 7 are the move I.D.s. The I.D. for 136B in the misc file is...
    Fisherman Suplex 1

(5) Parts of a move are broken up into 16 bytes. So there were 11 parts to 136B observed from the last picture (in (4)).

(6) 4 bytes after each I.D. reveals the starting address of each part. We will look at that in a bit.

(7) 2 bytes before each I.D. reveals what this part of the animation is. It is in essence, another type of I.D. to determine the type of part for each animation.
    So far, this is what I know:
    0000 = Animation of the wrestler performing the move
    0001 = Animation of the wrestler taking the move
    0032 = Camera Angle 1
    0033 = Camera Angle 2
    0034 = Camera Angle 3

(8) Now remember, the TOC size was 72C0 [as seen in (3). That means it ends at 0x00073D3.

(9) The first move animation starts right after that.

(10) If you select everything after the TOC and paste it to a new file/tab, you can determine where the file starts and stops from the start and end of each part. In this example, using 136B/Fisherman Suplex 1, the first part, the animation of the attacker starts at 0x0000000 as shown in [big](6)[/big]. The animation for the one receiving the move starts at 0x0000A91. So that must therefore mean that the animation of the Fisherman Suplex 1 of the person performing the move ends at 0x000A90.

EXTRA THINGS TO KNOW:
    - The YMKS header must be present in the beginning. Older games (Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 and earlier) had a different header but the TOC, animations, and information was generally the same format.

- Entrances work the same way obviously, since they are animations, but they might have different I.D.s as I can't recall at the moment.

- In Entrances, all entrance are broken into two folders EVP and EVT. The EVP portion does not contain any animations. Rather it contains physics for the ring ropes; e.g. which rope inside the ring move, which rope or ropes move, whether or not the top, middle, bottom, etc. of ropes move, etc.; also it contains information for pyro and effects. The EVT portion is where the actual animations are stored. For Easy Entrances, they are one single YMKS file containg the parts Stage, Stage Entrance, Ramp, Ring-In, Ring. Advance Entrances are broken down into multiple YMKS files for each part. Of course, in-game Advance Entrances are pretty useless when you can just create your own Easy Entrances. This can also allow you to delete the EVP and EVT portions for Advance Entrances and clear up room in plist file for other things.

- This also means you should be able to create your own tag, trio, and championship entrances in theory.

- You can ADD moves and entrances without replacing anything.

- The sound for moves (impact, etc.) are contained in a different file, the sound.pac file to be exact. I never figured or worked that out so unless that is solved, MOVES WILL HAVE NO SOUNDS.

- Damage also needs to be worked out. Someone correct me on this, but I believe changing things in misc.pac only affects Create-a-Moveset. I was never ever able to modify damage or move names (outside of Create-a-Moveset menu). I was only ever able to change whether a move was a running, front, both etc. finisher.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qcawlity For This Useful Post:

Developer

Array
    You don't know how much happy a ps2 hacker I become knowing this info if possible also share at Old skool reunion, I always knew you knew something and volla how to hack moves, i will try this in svr2011ps2 and return a reply ok ;) Edit:Thanks for posting it in Osr btw tell me the truth was that lesner video a Caw or some hack of some kind. Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Xparent Pink Tapatalk.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 2836 || Posts : 821 || Thanks : 236 || Thanked 375 Times in 116 Posts

qcawlity

Re: Yukes's Pre-WWE '12 YMKS Animation File Structure Tutorial

I was trying move importing for awhile and this is the culmination of it. I burned out awhile back and when Nikethebike asked me about it all of a sudden, I figure I should share what I had been trying to figure out all this time and perhaps more people will try to tackle other aspects of it. Lesnar in that video is a caw with texture mods.

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by qcawlity View Post
    I was trying move importing for awhile and this is the culmination of it. I burned out awhile back and when Nikethebike asked me about it all of a sudden, I figure I should share what I had been trying to figure out all this time and perhaps more people will try to tackle other aspects of it. Lesnar in that video is a caw with texture mods.
    was that entrance old one or custom?
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 2836 || Posts : 821 || Thanks : 236 || Thanked 375 Times in 116 Posts

qcawlity

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun The Man View Post
    was that entrance old one or custom?
    old one from 2006 version.

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

very nice tut qcawlity
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 16109 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,446 Posts

Serious_M

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

great tutorial qcawlity, im users will find it useful
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    Awesome tutorial bro people are already loving it lol
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13180 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast