360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
North Korea plans new nuclear tests, threatens US

View Poll Results: Is WW3 just around the corner?

16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 43.75%
  • No

9 56.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

North Korea plans new nuclear tests, threatens US

North Korea says it plans rocket and nuclear tests directly targeting the United States.

"In the new phase of our century-long struggle against the United States, we do not hide the fact that various satellites, long-range missiles that we will continue to launch and high-level nuclear test we will conduct will target our sworn enemy, the United States," said a statement from the North's National Defense Commission.

The statement was carried by the official Korean Central News Agency, and was reported by several media organizations, including Yonhap, the South Korean news service.

Here's The Associated Press with background on the story:

"The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology."
    Glyn Davies, the U.S. special representative for North Korea policy, warned Pyongyang against conducting a nuclear test.

"Whether North Korea tests or not, it's up to North Korea. We hope they don't do it, we call on them not to do it. It will be a mistake and a missed opportunity if they were to do it," he said to reporters in Seoul.
    Source - RTNEWS

My Thoughts
    Oh god, get ready for another war.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2466 || Posts : 610 || Thanks : 495 || Thanked 619 Times in 178 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xBASSxMONSTAx For This Useful Post:

You, Kakarot!

Re: North Korea plans new nuclear tests, threatens US

Lol the united states will wipe them of the face of the earth plus if they ever need backup they have many supporters such as us british oh korea y u so funny?

Mmmmmm north and south join forces, China jumps in on the action forming a joint red state and Homefront was right. Well shit!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using that there Tapatalk 2 gubbins
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2282 || Posts : 314 || Thanks : 27 || Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

Haven Donator

everythings a threat to the USA any more

Haven Donator
    Twitter: @

LOL, gives me more reason to move to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by curtdawg21 View Post
    everythings a threat to the USA any more
    I don't understand what you're trying to say sir.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2246 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 271 || Thanked 100 Times in 56 Posts

The Immortal God

Twitter: @

give me another reason to prepare my omnislash of course i always have it ready
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 21732 || Posts : 18,759 || Thanks : 4,444 || Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,605 Posts

Emerald Lance

It's funny. The sorts of nuclear missiles that top rate militaries (like US, UK, etc) possess are several hundreds of times more powerful than the nukes used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That was more than six decades ago. North Korea is just now developing nuclear weapons. Not only that, but how many are they planning on making? Two? Maybe three? Please.

South Korea is the US's ally. Most of the world is. And while I'll admit that in the last decade the US hasn't exactly made the best image of ourselves across the world (thanks Bush), we're still in good enough standing with everybody else for our major allies like the UK and most of the rest of Europe to back us up. Russia and China might side with North Korea (maybe), and a few of the central Asian countries as well, but the more powerful countries will back us up.

This won't be World War 3. North Korea will launch all three of their ICBMs (no way they'd be able to drop them from a plane), and all three will get shot down by anti-ballistic missiles and/or laser missile defenses. I'm not saying we're impervious to missile attacks, but there's no way we'll get hit with less than ten coming at us at a time, and even then we'd only get hit if we were being lazy with our defenses. And it helps that we're surrounded by two oceans, so the only way for a blatant attack to have any chance of getting to us would be if it were a long range attack (which, as explained before, wouldn't work for Korea).

I'm not worried. This is just North Korea's attempt to puff out their chest so that they can feel like they're catching up with the rest of the world. I wouldn't take this very seriously if I were you guys.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 01-26-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4101 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 626 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

North Korea will continue to build a nuclear arsenal while the U.N. security council runs in circles trying to impose sanctions on North Korea. They don't have enough nukes to go at us yet. The U.S. Policy is "You nuke us, we send everything at you." Which is why they haven't tried anything. Yet. (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast