360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Redbox Movie Rentals
    Haven Donator

Redbox Movie Rentals

Many of you are probably already familiar with Redbox, the big red kiosks that dispense new releases in DVDs, Blu-Rays, and video games. They're found inside or outside many stores and for a dollar per night, you're not going to find anything cheaper. Redbox has been involving participants in its new Redbox Instant beta, and while that continues, the app will be hitting your dashboards "in the very near future".

There's no specific date or regional availability listed as of yet, but eligible users can register for the ongoing private beta at RedboxInstant.com. Users who are already taking part in the beta will receive a unique code via email to access the app ahead of its official release.

There are pros and cons to the new service that you should be aware of, however. The subscription, as noted, grants you four one-night rentals at a kiosk as well but they don't roll over month to month. The streaming selection is also limited to just movies, so if you're like me and crave marathons of your favorite series, you'll need to hold onto your other streaming accounts like Netflix, Hulu Plus, or Amazon Instant Video. If you wish to unsubscribe during the free 30 day trial you receive during the beta period, your subscription will end immediately too, so don't pull the plug unless you're sure you're no longer interested.

Redbox Instant subscribers can opt into the DVD package $8 or upgrade to Blu-rays for $9 a month. Other supported platforms for Redbox Instant include iOS, Android, Vizio, Samsung, LG and Google TV.

The Immortal God

Twitter: @

Re: Redbox Movie Rentals

nice news share stp007 :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 21730 || Posts : 18,759 || Thanks : 4,444 || Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,605 Posts

Retired Staff

Twitter: @
    Great news 007 but i like my hulu plus n Netflix so I'm good :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 12761 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,224 Posts

Re: Redbox Movie Rentals

nice i might try this out