Kojima: I Want to Make Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

Kojima: I Want to Make Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum

http://spong.com/article/29051/Kojim...-with-Platinum

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has heaped a huge amount of praise on Metal Gear Rising developer Platinum Games, revealing that he would like to make a sequel to the action spinoff and would only consider partnering with the Bayonetta studio for the job.

In a roundtable attended by SPOnG, the producer also opined that Platinum is just a technological upgrade away from being "a world class studio."

"As far as [Metal Gear] Rising 2 is concerned, I really do have that in my mind, and I want to make it," Kojima explained. "And if we do make it, it would definitely be with Platinum. I donít think anyone else could do it.

"Of course, my ulterior motive is that if Rising 2 came out, it would be guaranteed to sell! Which means that I wouldnít have to worry about that with [new project, Metal Gear Solid] Ground Zeroes. I can just do whatever I want!" Kojima reveals more about his intentions for Ground Zeroes right here.

"Honestly, Iíve been making games for over 25 years and the state that this game was in when it went to Platinum... was really a mess! The fact that they were able to pull it off is very impressive," said Kojima on the troubled development process for Metal Gear Rising. He added that his one worry about Platinum taking on the job was its reputation for taking its time with projects.

"Platinum makes excellent games, thereís no arguing about that - but theyíre not very good at honouring schedules," he laughed. "I made it clear that in order to succeed on a worldwide scale, you not only have to make a good product, but you also have to keep a tight schedule. This time, they came through and delivered the product on time. I think even [Hideki] Kamiya-san was surprised!"

Then comes the bromance. "Really, Platinumís team is great at creating action games. They do it better than anyone else. I love them personally, as individuals... and now theyíre able to do things to schedule as well! Thatís very important.

"The one thing I think they can still improve on is their technological level. Their technology is not quite up to par, so maybe for the next project if we did something with them, we would maybe have them use the FOX engine. Or, perhaps their next generation engine. Iím not sure. But itís the only point I would improve.

"If they did manage to get their technology up to par, then they would really be a world class studio."
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrayWyatt For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Kojima: I Want to Make Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum

i really do hope they make a second game the first one is awesome cool news shared Sterling :D
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22145 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    i just finished the game (on easy) & starting it on normal difficulty.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

Banned
    Array

good new thank

Retired Staff

Array
    Awesome news Archer thanks for sharing :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13175 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

If they do make a sequel, I hope they won't pull another Bayonetta 2 crap and make it an exclusive to one platform.

VinceRusso

mgs is the best playstation series ever
    thank you kojima

Array

I love MGR it was so fun. Cant wait for blade wolf DLC.