360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
FBI involved in raid over Xbox secret
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    grimace_smiley
    Array

FBI involved in raid over Xbox secret

Dylan, whose home was raided by police. Picture: Ian Munro/The West Australian
    A Perth teenager — who has gained popularity in cyberspace under the name SuperDaE — has had his home raided and possessions seized by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and WA Police as part of an international corporate espionage probe.

Months after the local hacker revealed commercially sensitive information about Microsoft’s yet-to-be-released Xbox on social networking site Twitter, police this week raided a Beckenham house belonging to his parents.

Dylan, a prolific social media user whose SuperDaE Twitter account has 27,630 followers, had also posted an online advertisement offering to sell a development kit for Durango — Microsoft’s new Xbox design.

A development kit is what Microsoft sends to companies so they can develop Xbox games. The leaks caused waves in technology circles around the world, given details of Microsoft’s design have been a closely guarded secret.

Dylan, who asked The Weekend West not to publish his surname and has not been charged with any offence, said the experience was “traumatic”.

“There was a knock on the door and when I opened it they were actually about to ram the door,” he said.

He said he was told the FBI was considering extraditing him to the US. The Weekend West understands an FBI agent was at the Tuesday morning raid, which took about five hours.

Read more at source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...r-xbox-secret/
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2599 || Posts : 49 || Thanks : 24 || Thanked 52 Times in 18 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: FBI involved in raid over Xbox secret

lol its kinda crazy this happened lol, but if it was me i would have taken out all the FBI and police with my omnislash
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22145 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

ravenmc

wow. thats crazy. as if they dont have bigger fish to fry

Lionheart
    Array

wow that's mental! To be fair you must be daft to post something like that on twitter! and cloud the fbi might a had a nights of the round up their sleeve :P

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyX View Post
    wow that's mental! To be fair you must be daft to post something like that on twitter! and cloud the fbi might a had a nights of the round up their sleeve :P
    i always have all master materia with me so wouldnt matter
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22145 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

I guess this pretty much confirms his info about the dev-kit though...

Somnophilia

This is so awesome and eye opening. This guy is pretty radical.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    grimace_smiley
    Array

On Tuesday, February 19, members of the Western Australian computer crimes police force raided the home of SuperDaE, aka Dan Henry, aka Dylan. They had a warrant. Dylan—that's his real first name (he asked that his last name not be used)—said they had an FBI agent with them. They took his computers. They took piles of papers. They took a souvenir cup that was shaped like a penis. He says they took his phone, froze his assets.

"I've lost everything," he told me when I found him again on Twitter a couple of days later. He said his life was in ruins. "Was what I did wrong?" he asked me. "Did I really deserve it? As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat."

source: http://kotaku.com/5986239/the-rise-a...eo-game-hacker
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2599 || Posts : 49 || Thanks : 24 || Thanked 52 Times in 18 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast