360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Could someone possibly help me with this?
Register

Array

Could someone possibly help me with this?

could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong here? i'm trying to mod my save on the Dead Island editor but whenever i attempt to open my save in the editor it creates a backup but then says "please choose a valid save" and ofcourse my save does not go into the editor after that.. how the hell is my save not valid??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Could someone possibly help me with this?

Does the editor require you to extract the actual save from within the container? And if so, are you doing that? Dead Island has some security, and it's difficult to fix security when the file is still inside the container, so often times developers will instruct users to extract that save from within the container.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Does the editor require you to extract the actual save from within the container? And if so, are you doing that? Dead Island has some security, and it's difficult to fix security when the file is still inside the container, so often times developers will instruct users to extract that save from within the container.
    turns out it had something to do with an update cause when i hooked my console to the net, let it place all the updates, then re-saved the game it loaded onto the editor.. but now the problem is it keeps corrupting my save when ever i mod anything.. what can you mod that WON'T corrupt your save???

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Like I said before, Dead Island is protected. It's been a while since I used any of the editors, but make sure the security is being fixed. Depending on the editor, there will sometimes be a separate option to fix the security; make sure you use that option (if it's present). You might also try modding only a small amount of things and seeing what your limit is.

Of course, all of these questions really should be posted on the release thread for the tool itself. You're much more likely to get a decent answer from people that are familiar with the editor you're using, especially the dev that made it.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Hacker-T

Array
    Twitter: @
    Quote Originally Posted by ShangTsung View Post
    could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong here? i'm trying to mod my save on the Dead Island editor but whenever i attempt to open my save in the editor it creates a backup but then says "please choose a valid save" and ofcourse my save does not go into the editor after that.. how the hell is my save not valid??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks.
    It helps sometimes if you create a new save file.

Just make sure that you opened the correct file typ.

Send from my GT-I9000 using Taptalk 2
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3498 || Posts : 736 || Thanks : 653 || Thanked 3,525 Times in 269 Posts

WWE'13 Savegame Editor V1.8 by Hacker-T =) *CLICK HERE*
    WWE'13 - All DLC Packs *CLICK HERE*

!!!CESARO RULES FTW!!!

Developer

Array

You can try using the editor in Ellipse. Last time I checked it still works just fine. http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...eta-1-0-0-1-a/

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker-T View Post
    It helps sometimes if you create a new save file.

Just make sure that you opened the correct file typ.

Send from my GT-I9000 using Taptalk 2
    yea i did that, as i said it was something to do with an update cause after i hooked my console to the net and let it apply all the updates i was then able to open a save in the editor, but now i got a totally different problem, anything i mod corrupts the save.. wtf?