360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
PEC [Hex Workshop Bookmark]
Register
    VIP Member
    Array

PEC [Hex Workshop Bookmark]

This is a "Hex Workshop" bookmark, describing the PEC-Container.
    Some informations can be found here: http://free60.org/PEC

This might NOT work with every PEC-File, since the Block Offsets are dynamicly changing (didnt till now, but might always happen).
    The PEC-File is a additional layer of Security for Profiles, which actually works like a "normal" STFS-Container with some customizations.
    One customization is the way the Block-Offsets are generated, since you cant use the same algo used on STFS.
    And thats the main problem right now, only a few people know how to calculate those and obviously they prefer to keep their mouths shut (and make money with it).

Right now the PEC-Container contains another set of GPDs, which just work like the "normal" ones.
    Those GPDs have a new Type of Entry, which is "6 : AvatarAward" and pretty much works like an AchievementEntry.

PEC.rar
    This RAR contains the Bookmarks and a PEC-File (with removed IDs).
    I also actually mapped out where all Files actually are, but then "Hex Workshop" decided to crash so 2 hours of work were gone :-P
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2547 || Posts : 97 || Thanks : 16 || Thanked 164 Times in 52 Posts

VIP Member
    Array

Re: PEC [Hex Workshop Bookmark]

After a lot of testing (ok, actually just looked 2 hours into it ^^) I was able to write a little class to read out the whole file and extract all files.
    Only tested on 4 PEC-Files for now, but it looks like that it works pretty good.

Got a little RAR file here with all extracted GPD files from 1 PEC-File.
    PEC_MountPt.rar

Nothing changed on the GPD-Layout.
    Note: NamespaceID "6" == AvatarAwardEntry (Only for 360)

EDIT:
    Ok, I got it working with those 4 PEC Files ... which are actually all from the same Profile >.<
    Last edited by v3n3; 05-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2547 || Posts : 97 || Thanks : 16 || Thanked 164 Times in 52 Posts

VIP Member
    Array

Looks like noone cares or / and wants to contribute, but...
    NEW STUFF !!!

Ok, not really, only for the people who dont have a class for XDBFs to Extract the Entries.
    Because for you I have a little RAR with all Extracted XDBF-Entrys (Dont forget, Namespace ID "6") from Portal 2:
    45410912 - AA Entrys.rar
    Note: This is ONLY the Data inside an Entry, without the Header (because they confuse anyway).
    The Name of the Entrys is their XDBF-ID.

I still search someone who can give me a hand on the PEC File and / or the AvatarAward-XDBF Entry (which, I guess, works like the Achievement-Entry).

Haven Donator

Array

wish i could help but im not good would that stuff and most of the site are just new members from other sites (game tuts ,xp gamesaves etc) the only people i have seen reply to any threads are the people from 360 content and little by the others but whoops i spilled the beans :)