Nxe2god
    Genesis Emulator
    Snens Emulator
    Game Boy Emulator
    Mame360 Emulator

Developer

Array

Re: Which is better a JTAG or RGH console

They both are able to do the same thing. The only difference is the way the hack works. RGH needs a mod chip, and JTAG only needs a few wires.

The reason why there is two types of exploits is because Microsoft patched the JTAG exploit after kernel 7371.
    So, if you have a console that's 7371 or lower you and JTAG it, if not you can RGH it.

What you should be more concerned about is the type of console and not the method.
    Jasper / Slim consoles will rarely end up messing up where all the other ones frequently brake.

Array

Probably you canŽt do the Jtag method for the reason that was posted above.
    YouŽll need a old xbox that wasnŽt updated for some years. So you would go for a RGH.

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Probably you canŽt do the Jtag method for the reason that was posted above.
    YouŽll need a old xbox that wasnŽt updated for some years. So you would go for a RGH.
    Not necessarily. The way I think the new phat exploit (R-JTAG) will work is by glitching the cpu into the bootloader that enabled the SMC exploit to be performed. After it has glitched that bootloader. It will take on the form of the old-school JTAG hack.

Array

Imho, JTAG boots a lot faster & and are more reliable, but you should preferrably get a Jasper (or a Falcon) since those have a lot less problems due to newer (cooler) processors.

I've used Xenon's pretty much since the JTAG hack went public, and all of them are still going strong, with new style GPU cooler, AS5 and other cooling mods, they run at GPU=45C and CPU=65C and the mobo around 30C.
    I'm actually surprised that the GPU is running so cool on stock fan-voltage with no other mods than a new style GPU and a fan-shroud extension over about half the GPU...
    The CPU is pretty hard to get under 60C on most Xenon's, I usually put full fanspeed on it and a 60mm extra fan in the front of it.

So if you're lucky enough to find a Jasper or Falcon JTAG, go for it, otherwise a RGH'd slim is an excellent alternative...

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_thief View Post
    Imho, JTAG boots a lot faster & and are more reliable, but you should preferrably get a Jasper (or a Falcon) since those have a lot less problems due to newer (cooler) processors.

I've used Xenon's pretty much since the JTAG hack went public, and all of them are still going strong, with new style GPU cooler, AS5 and other cooling mods, they run at GPU=45C and CPU=65C and the mobo around 30C.
    I'm actually surprised that the GPU is running so cool on stock fan-voltage with no other mods than a new style GPU and a fan-shroud extension over about half the GPU...
    The CPU is pretty hard to get under 60C on most Xenon's, I usually put full fanspeed on it and a 60mm extra fan in the front of it.

So if you're lucky enough to find a Jasper or Falcon JTAG, go for it, otherwise a RGH'd slim is an excellent alternative...
    If you have decent soldering skills and wiring routes with RGH. You can get it booting as fast as a JTAG would.

GreenArcher

RGH is better.. If you're planning to get a slim, RGH is your only option.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Not necessarily. The way I think the new phat exploit (R-JTAG) will work is by glitching the cpu into the bootloader that enabled the SMC exploit to be performed. After it has glitched that bootloader. It will take on the form of the old-school JTAG hack.
    Yes, but is easier go fo the RGH directly. Also, I never thunk on that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast