360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Chromehounds second coming!!
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Chromehounds second coming!!

http://www.bombdogstudios.com/

Bombdog Studios is creating what some are calling a PC reborn Chromehounds. MAV is (so far) an almost direct copy of the old Chromehounds game, who's servers were shut down in 2010. It's still in its alpha stages now, but Bombdog is selling alpha copies for $10; that includes weekly updates and the full game once it's finished.

It looks promising so far, and it's definitely something that I'm gonna buy as soon as I can. The guy making it is always browsing forums and listening to feedback, so that's a huge plus. Not only that, but he is making the most out of fan content and is using a lot of it. The guy has definitely earned my support!

What are your thoughts? Are you planning on picking up a copy yourself?
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Chromehounds second coming!!

i probably wont but that's cause i have no money to my name , but it does look good, i never played chromehounds before but i like mech type games like Armored Core and Gundam, so i might give MAV a shot in the future
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Well, Chromehounds got a lot of flack for being the opposite of Armored Core and Gundam. Where AC and Gundam are fast paced and flashy, Chromehounds was very slow paced and realistic. Imagine making the transition from Kingdom Heart to Dragon Age; it's a completely different type of game, even though both KH and DA are classified as RPG titles. That about the amount of difference to expect between MAV and Gundam.

A lot of people expected Chromehounds to be this flashy thing, and it wasn't. When most people think mech games, they think high-powered action, but Chromehounds was really more a really nice tank simulator than anything else. Completely different demographic. It was a very western type of game.

I loved it. I'm really sad that the servers aren't up anymore, otherwise I'd still be playing it. I had this great sunset camo that blended in perfectly with the many sunset maps. Ah, it was great! I hope this game lives up to how awesome it was!
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Well, Chromehounds got a lot of flack for being the opposite of Armored Core and Gundam. Where AC and Gundam are fast paced and flashy, Chromehounds was very slow paced and realistic. Imagine making the transition from Kingdom Heart to Dragon Age; it's a completely different type of game, even though both KH and DA are classified as RPG titles. That about the amount of difference to expect between MAV and Gundam.

A lot of people expected Chromehounds to be this flashy thing, and it wasn't. When most people think mech games, they think high-powered action, but Chromehounds was really more a really nice tank simulator than anything else. Completely different demographic. It was a very western type of game.

I loved it. I'm really sad that the servers aren't up anymore, otherwise I'd still be playing it. I had this great sunset camo that blended in perfectly with the many sunset maps. Ah, it was great! I hope this game lives up to how awesome it was!
    thanks for the info Emerald, and yeah im more about fast paced and high powered action , so i probably wont like the game lol, but who knows i wont know unless i try it :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

DecoyOctopus

Chromehounds sounds familiar, was this that game that was like Planetside with mechs?

Array

Think it's gonna be awesome. Chromehounds is kinda like MechAssault / Battletech. For those of who know what I'm talking about.......Nothing beats a Virtual World Tesla II Cockpit!!!

Haven Donator
    Array

im pretty excited, thanks for the info. has anyone played zoids assault? i have a weird thing for that game..