360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Microsoft Seeks Patent For TV Achievements.
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News Reporter
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Microsoft Seeks Patent For TV Achievements.

The patent application, which was filed last November and spotted by GamesIndustry International, reads: "Television viewing tends to be a passive experience for a viewer, without many opportunities for the viewer to engage or have interactive experiences with the presented content.
    "To increase interactive viewing and encourage a user to watch one or more particular items of video content, awards and achievements may be tied to those items of video content.

"By tying the awards and achievements to particular items of video or advertising content, viewers may be encouraged to increase their viewership of the content, thus increasing advertising opportunities."

Achievements could be dished out for watching a single event such as the Super Bowl or viewing an entire series of a show, it adds.

Potential rewards include new avatar items, virtual money for a game, or even physical prizes.

Achievements could also be tied to viewers performing specific Kinect actions while watching content, Microsoft said.

At Tuesday's Xbox One reveal event, Marc Whitten, Microsoft's corporate vice president of Xbox Live, said that a new version of the online service will be "more powerful, more personal and more intelligent".

The new Xbox Live will offer enhanced cloud functionality, improved matchmaking, new social features, background downloads, skill tracking and an expanded achievements system, Microsoft added.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-achievements/
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2374 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 59 Posts

My Name is Name

If you enjoyed the post hit the Thanks, and Like Button please!

Array

Re: Microsoft Seeks Patent For TV Achievements.

Really sickening.

x360a reported on this a while ago too. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...elevision.html
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2246 || Posts : 183 || Thanks : 116 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone's willing to lend me their spare time and mod a couple of saves for me, I have a couple of requests.
    NIER & Darksiders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UWSCSS For This Useful Post:

News Reporter
    360HAVEN

Array

I apologize, I just thought I might post it on here for people on here to check it out.
    Downloads : 10 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2374 || Posts : 354 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 59 Posts

My Name is Name

If you enjoyed the post hit the Thanks, and Like Button please!

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

lmao tv achievements really microsoft, yup i lost all hope now for the xbox one, not that i had much hope for it lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

No, why Microsoft why? I... I mean... NO.
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2307 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

Array
    I can see it now:

Fatty Ahoy - Gain 12 stone by not moving from sports tv for a whole week 50gs

The Light is Not For Me - Become a daylight dodging golumesk creature by watching late night movies for a month 100gs

Really MS, really?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2699 || Posts : 314 || Thanks : 27 || Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftus View Post
    I can see it now:

Fatty Ahoy - Gain 12 stone by not moving from sports tv for a whole week 50gs

The Light is Not For Me - Become a daylight dodging golumesk creature by watching late night movies for a month 100gs

Really MS, really?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Microsoft will probably make it worse by saying that in order to watch tv and unlock achievements you need to buy the Xbox One.
    And then suddenly a big Bill Gates trollface appears.
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2307 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

Haven Donator
    Array

I remember reading this a while back.
    Last edited by Genepool; 06-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast