fable 3 save issue
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

fable 3 save issue

i modded my save. and, it works great. but, when i download the update for the game. it says my save is corrupted.

Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6260 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrayWyatt For This Useful Post:

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Re: fable 3 save issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    i modded my save. and, it works great. but, when i download the update for the game. it says my save is corrupted.
    Ya I think I remember hearing that they made it so you can't mod your save on the game anymore. Might be wrong though :/
    Downloads : 70 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 11912 || Posts : 4,704 || Thanks : 1,165 || Thanked 16,658 Times in 1,842 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Idle is right. Any time you inject a file after the update it corrupts.

Banned Noob
    Array

Not really. I just got fable 3 today. Installed the update, made a new save (had no modded ones) Once I through the tut I modded my save and tried it to see if it worked or not and it worked fine for me.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

So wait. What happens if you modded the save before the update? Let's say I delete the title updates from my cache, start a new save, mod it, play a little more to "legitimize" the modded save, save it again, and then download the update. Will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Not really. I just got fable 3 today. Installed the update, made a new save (had no modded ones) Once I through the tut I modded my save and tried it to see if it worked or not and it worked fine for me.
    Save, quit, and load the file again. I'd be willing to bet that it'll come up as corrupt.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4515 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Banned Noob
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    So wait. What happens if you modded the save before the update? Let's say I delete the title updates from my cache, start a new save, mod it, play a little more to "legitimize" the modded save, save it again, and then download the update. Will that work?

Save, quit, and load the file again. I'd be willing to bet that it'll come up as corrupt.
    Yep, you were right. At first I did do that to see if it would be corrupted or not and it wasn't. After I got to the part to send my guild seals, saved/quit then loaded it again to see if it worked and it was corrupted. So far the thing I noticed about modding this game is that the reason why this game gets corrupted is cause of the modification of your guild seals. If you notice once you mod them and you kill enemies and collect orbs, usually there should be a blue circle around it that fills up and will award you a guild seal when you get enough. Well I noticed that when you mod them and collect orbs it doesn't do that. You only get more orbs after a mission.

So for those who want to mod their game try just modding money and everything else besides guild seals and see if that works.

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

i got it working. keep playing til you can save the game yourself. thats what i did & it works with the update.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6260 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

That hasn't been working with me. In conjunction with what Nappytime said, I had a few completely unmodded save file that I was using as backups; when I injected them into the HDD, the game would either show up as corrupt the first time I tried to load it or it would corrupt the second time. I'm beginning to worry if regular gameplay can potentially corrupt the save. It's great that the game is offered for free and all, but it's useless if playing it normally will corrupt it.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4515 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast