360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

XD PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early

With nearly 95% of the vote (approximately 94.7% in favor of the PS4) Amazon has decided to end the user poll between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 early. Back on June 13th the marketplace giant ran a Facebook poll to see which one consumers were more interested in between Microsoft and Sony's consoles and it appears that gamers have spoken quite loudly with their Facebook voting.

For now, the final numbers read 38984 votes in favor of the PlayStation 4 with only 2162 votes in favor of the Xbox One. Does anyone know how many employees work at Microsoft?

Originally, the poll was supposed to run for a week and end on June 20th, giving gamers plenty of time to cast a vote and comment in favor of the console they were most looking forward to. Unfortunately, Amazon cut the poll short after there was a massive and clearly lopsided showing of favoritism for one product over the other. This could also be an easy indicator for companies to use as a gauge for the potential purchasing habits of gamers and casual consumers alike for this fall.

Thinking about this logically, there's no real reason as to why Amazon would have wanted to end the poll early given all the free publicity and traffic they were receiving from the unbiased and very public escapade. That is, unless things were cut short, potentially, under coercion from upper management?

In reality, the poll was definitely generating a lot of media buzz, especially from gaming outlets who covered the lopsided-as-a-poorly-done-boob-job poll, with an obvious reporting slant given in favor of Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4. It's not unlikely that the whole event could have incurred the intervention of reputation management agents, perhaps?

Personally, I really wanted to see what the voting habits were going to be like at the end of the official session between both consoles, but I guess we'll have to settle for what they ended up with.

Maybe the good folks at Forbes or Polygon can ping Amazon and find out what really happened? If I were a betting man I'd say a very nonsensical and boilerplate PR response is what we'll all end up with. Such is the fate of these kind of events during the propaganda-fueled warfare of corporate giants.
    Source - CinemaBlend

U just know MS had something to do with the poll closing early.

Last edited by xBASSxMONSTAx; 06-16-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2881 || Posts : 610 || Thanks : 495 || Thanked 619 Times in 178 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early

i didn't even know about the poll lol, if i did i would have vote PS4 for sure ;)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22148 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Hacker-T

Array
    Twitter: @

Gonna get the xbox one cause of the exclusives but still gonna get the ps4 after im done with the exclusives...
    The pollresult was so obvious... PS4 would win any poll ...
    Name:  3uihk8.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  52.5 KB
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3494 || Posts : 736 || Thanks : 653 || Thanked 3,525 Times in 269 Posts

WWE'13 Savegame Editor V1.8 by Hacker-T =) *CLICK HERE*
    WWE'13 - All DLC Packs *CLICK HERE*

!!!CESARO RULES FTW!!!

Array

Voting means absolutely nothing. I can easily go and register and vote up the PS4. This is just useless information to simply attack Microsoft when it means nothing. The Xbox One will still sell better than the PS4 no matter what. I can't stand the Xbox One's name, new policies, all in one useless features and capabilities to offer me sports, sports, tv, music, movies, sports, but I'll probably still end up giving in and buying it eventually because of all the good games they secured with their infinite budget to throw at developers.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2244 || Posts : 183 || Thanks : 116 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone's willing to lend me their spare time and mod a couple of saves for me, I have a couple of requests.
    NIER & Darksiders

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Anyone can rig a poll... If m$ said tomorrow, that they was going to drop the used games policy & fee's and return it like its is with 360... Ms sales when go through the roof.. I would bet money on that..lol
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3501 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 143 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

Array

Quote Originally Posted by SiN View Post
    Anyone can rig a poll... If m$ said tomorrow, that they was going to drop the used games policy & fee's and return it like its is with 360... Ms sales when go through the roof.. I would bet money on that..lol
    You forgot the mandatory Kinect shit aswell. Anyway MS already stated they won't change. Thy are too greedy.

Cant believe people are still buying and defending the spybox one,

I hope they crash and burn. I hate them so much right now and this is coming from a guy who jumped from ps2 to 360 since launch and has been with them for 6 years.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2881 || Posts : 610 || Thanks : 495 || Thanked 619 Times in 178 Posts

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Quote Originally Posted by xBASSxMONSTAx View Post
    You forgot the mandatory Kinect shit aswell. Anyway MS already stated they won't change. Thy are too greedy.

Cant believe people are still buying and defending the spybox one,

I hope they crash and burn. I hate them so much right now and this is coming from a guy who jumped from ps2 to 360 since launch and has been with them for 6 years.
    Oh I agree with you 100% .. Not getting either ATM.. Just going stay with 360 till they stop making games for it.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3501 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 143 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

Array

I have been with 360 since day 1 of it's release. The direction they are heading really disappoints me. Yes i have internet and i can say the direction doesn't affect me but. I tend to go on family visits and i tend to bring my console. My relatives don't have internet and i play my games offline. When i do visit i let my cousins's kids play with my console while i hang with my cousins. With xbox one i can't do that. What's worse is that if i go ps4 i have to start from 0. I did so much with my profile and games for 360 and all of that doesn't matter anymore. sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast