Array

grin How fast is Sonic the Hedgehog?

How fast is sonic the hedghog!!!!

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

re: How fast is Sonic the Hedgehog?

Downloads : 70 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 11916 || Posts : 4,704 || Thanks : 1,165 || Thanked 16,658 Times in 1,842 Posts

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Light speed... When super sonic? .... >.>
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3504 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 143 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

In the video game canon, his top speed is anywhere between just over mach 1 to vastly exceeding it (excluding the Light Speed Dash or Chaos Control). It's also evident that he moves even faster when rolled up into a ball (at least at first, and especially downhill). If you include Light Speed Dash, he can move at literally light speed; if you include Chaos Control, he can move so fast that time literally stops (allowing him to essentially teleport).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic News Network
    In Sonic Unleashed, the checkpoint posts (Star Posts) also act as radars that clock Sonic's speed when he passes them. Due to the fact that his speed increases the longer he's boosting, it's possible for the checkpoint posts to show Sonic's max speed in-game, being able to clock him going at over 2,500 mph.
    Due to such speed, he is able to scale right up the walls of buildings, or similar structures, and can also run right over water.
    It is unknown how much faster Sonic can run beyond Mach 1 [without aid], although it is variously assumed that he can [without aid].
    It is also believed that Sonic can move faster while in spinball form than running[.]
    [The Light Speed Dash] allows the user to travel along a trail of rings at light speed, even in mid-air, which can allow access to new areas.
    Chaos Control is foremost associated with its ability to manipulate space, which is usually used by characters to create warps that teleport themselves instantaneously from one place in space to another.
    [Chaos Control] is most frequently used by the characters in the series to either slow down time or stop it entirely, which in turn keeps their opponents suspended, without any means of breaking free, while the user themself is unaffected.
    In the Archie comics canon, he is sometimes shown to run at almost/around/faster than the speed of light. Also worth noting, in all canons, Sonic can use the power of the rings and Chaos Emeralds to move even faster than normal. Specifically in the Archie continuity, Sonic can use this very method to become Ultra Sonic, a super transformation that only needs rings and is more powerful than Super Sonic; Ultra Sonic is basically his normal form just with swirling golden energy and black sparks given off by the energy of the rings he possesses, meaning that (given enough rings) he is faster than Super Sonic (without even a single Chaos Emerald), Super Sonic being (again) fast enough to shatter entire realms of existence. If we count Ultra Sonic as regular Sonic who's just being powered up by a crap ton of rings, then his speed in this form is worth noting.

Fighting his own shadow (and winning).
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...Superlight.jpg

Running around the planet like an electron around an atom.
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...daroundsec.jpg

Running so fast (albeit as Super Sonic) that he and Knuckles (albeit as Hyper Knuckles) are able to pulverize the very fabric of an entire reality.
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...C/hypvsup7.jpg
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...C/hypvsup8.jpg
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...MC/reality.jpg
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...C/reality2.jpg

Ultra Sonic.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ltrasonic1.png
    In the Sonic the Comic canon, Sonic is able to move so fast that he places himself in a state of multiplied super speed. What happens exactly is that he moves so fast that time has slowed to nearly a standstill around him, and he is still able to run freely in nearly-frozen time (hence multiplied super speed). Extrapolating from that, I would guess that he can move several times faster than the speed of light (assuming, of course, that he stops time with his super speed first). Unfortunately, comic scans are difficult to come by, so the only proof I have is the issue uploaded to youtube.

EDIT: I also went ahead and changed the thread title, since it was pretty bland and didn't reflect the question being asked.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 06-24-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4519 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Re: How fast is Sonic the Hedgehog?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    In the video game canon, his top speed is anywhere between just over mach 1 to vastly exceeding it (excluding the Light Speed Dash or Chaos Control). It's also evident that he moves even faster when rolled up into a ball (at least at first, and especially downhill). If you include Light Speed Dash, he can move at literally light speed; if you include Chaos Control, he can move so fast that time literally stops (allowing him to essentially teleport).

In the Archie comics canon, he is sometimes shown to run at almost/around/faster than the speed of light. Also worth noting, in all canons, Sonic can use the power of the rings and Chaos Emeralds to move even faster than normal. Specifically in the Archie continuity, Sonic can use this very method to become Ultra Sonic, a super transformation that only needs rings and is more powerful than Super Sonic; Ultra Sonic is basically his normal form just with swirling golden energy and black sparks given off by the energy of the rings he possesses, meaning that (given enough rings) he is faster than Super Sonic (without even a single Chaos Emerald), Super Sonic being (again) fast enough to shatter entire realms of existence. If we count Ultra Sonic as regular Sonic who's just being powered up by a crap ton of rings, then his speed in this form is worth noting.

In the Sonic the Comic canon, Sonic is able to move so fast that he places himself in a state of multiplied super speed. What happens exactly is that he moves so fast that time has slowed to nearly a standstill around him, and he is still able to run freely in nearly-frozen time (hence multiplied super speed). Extrapolating from that, I would guess that he can move several times faster than the speed of light (assuming, of course, that he stops time with his super speed first). Unfortunately, comic scans are difficult to come by, so the only proof I have is the issue uploaded to youtube.

EDIT: I also went ahead and changed the thread title, since it was pretty bland and didn't reflect the question being asked.
    Remind me to never bring up sonic when having a conversation with you ahahah but seriously great information lance!

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Remind me to never bring up sonic when having a conversation with you ahahah but seriously great information lance!
    lol. I just keep up with the information. I read the comics, play the games, watch the shows, nothing really more than that. I'm sure Ren knows all this stuff too. ^-^

Also, accidentally edited your post thinking it was mine (all I did was move a few things around, which I did to my own anyway), so sorry about that. XP
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4519 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    lol. I just keep up with the information. I read the comics, play the games, watch the shows, nothing really more than that. I'm sure Ren knows all this stuff too. ^-^

Also, accidentally edited your post thinking it was mine (all I did was move a few things around, which I did to my own anyway), so sorry about that. XP
    your like me when i talk about Cloud Strife and Hatsune Miku ;) lol, also what about the Seven rings sonic transformation, im not sure what his name when he changes to that form but he looked awesome ;)

Edit: also i moved the thread to chit chat
    Last edited by CloudStrife7x; 06-24-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22151 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    your like me when i talk about Cloud Strife and Hatsune Miku ;) lol, also what about the Seven rings sonic transformation, im not sure what his name when he changes to that form but he looked awesome ;)

Edit: also i moved the thread to chit chat
    Ah, Darkspine Sonic. Fun fact, he isn't actually using all seven rings to transform, he's only using three (hatred, sadness, and anger). It's unknown exactly what would happen if he were to try and use all seven. At any rate, he's shown to explicitly gain flight and super strength, but nothing really in terms of speed. Granted, he's still Sonic, so he's still extremely fast as it is, but I wouldn't wager that he's all that much faster than normal in his Darkspine form. Still, it's all just theory, since nothing was really shown of his abilities. It's also worth noting that, as Darkspine Sonic, he's able to slow down time at will, so he's technically faster in some way.

--Gamefaqs.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast