360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Modding dark souls weapons
Loading
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Metal In The Morning is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : Canadia
    Posts : 14
    Array

    Modding dark souls weapons

    I've been wondering for a while if it is possible to change stats on weapons? Say, give an uchi the damage of a great axe? And is it also possible to add damage from buffs permanently on to a weapon? I've seen crystal weapons (greatsword, longsword, etc) on the dark souls save editor v3.0.7.0, which has crazy damage on them, so I'm assuming its possible. If it is, what program would I have to use to do this myself? Is it possible with a save editor or do I have to try hex editing? And, as another side question, I can't seem to max out durability on crystal weapons? It just seems to change it to something like 999/20 and revert back to its original durability after use. Thanks in advance!

    Last edited by Metal In The Morning; 07-20-2013 at 03:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Metal In The Morning is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : Canadia
    Posts : 14
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    Nobody? :( should I post this in another section/thread that might have a better chance for answers?

  3. #3
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

    Emerald Lance is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Awesome Land
    Age : 27
    Posts : 1,834
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    No, this is the right section. Unfortunately, directly modding the stats isn't possible, since the stats are hard coded into the game itself. The reason crystal weapons have such ridiculous power is that crystal is the strongest enchantment, but it's also the most fragile and can't be repaired. My advice would be to decide on which weapon you want, and find the Chaos +5 version of it, which is the overall most damaging of any enchantment – the chaos enchantment automatically raises your magic damage to match the physical damage, as well as sets the opponent on fire with each hit (and it's chaos fire so simple fire resistance won't do anything to lessen the damage), and each plus will increase both attack and magic attack equally; it doesn't raise raw attack power nearly as much as crystal enchantments, but pound for pound it will damage you enemies far more (unless your enemies have chaos resistance, in which case you should probably have a backup weapon). My personal favorite is Chaos Zweihander +5, which completely ruined the game for me. ^-^;

    For all this, you can use one of the many editors found on 360 Haven that mod the inventory.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Metal In The Morning is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : Canadia
    Posts : 14
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    No, this is the right section. Unfortunately, directly modding the stats isn't possible, since the stats are hard coded into the game itself. The reason crystal weapons have such ridiculous power is that crystal is the strongest enchantment, but it's also the most fragile and can't be repaired. My advice would be to decide on which weapon you want, and find the Chaos +5 version of it, which is the overall most damaging of any enchantment – the chaos enchantment automatically raises your magic damage to match the physical damage, as well as sets the opponent on fire with each hit (and it's chaos fire so simple fire resistance won't do anything to lessen the damage), and each plus will increase both attack and magic attack equally; it doesn't raise raw attack power nearly as much as crystal enchantments, but pound for pound it will damage you enemies far more (unless your enemies have chaos resistance, in which case you should probably have a backup weapon). My personal favorite is Chaos Zweihander +5, which completely ruined the game for me. ^-^;

    For all this, you can use one of the many editors found on 360 Haven that mod the inventory.

    Thank you for the reply! I guess I might have been mislead somewhere, as I thought I saw that you were able to add buff damage to weapons permanently through hex editing. And I prefer a crystal balder side sword, since it scales with my dex, only has to go through one resistance, and can be buffed. Speaking of which, do you have any idea how to get 999 durability on crystal weapons using Jappis v3.0.7.0 save editor? Ive searched everywhere and I honestly can not figure out how to get it to work, and I'm getting sick of adding 50 swords to my inventory when I run out lol. Thanks again in advance!

  6. #5
    Haven Donator
    CrookedGamer is offline
    Join Date : Apr 2012
    Posts : 52
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    Any modded weapon used in right hand will revert to default values once used in game and you can't trick the game to repair crystal weapons at all.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrookedGamer For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

    Emerald Lance is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Awesome Land
    Age : 27
    Posts : 1,834
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal In The Morning View Post
    Thank you for the reply! I guess I might have been mislead somewhere, as I thought I saw that you were able to add buff damage to weapons permanently through hex editing. And I prefer a crystal balder side sword, since it scales with my dex, only has to go through one resistance, and can be buffed. Speaking of which, do you have any idea how to get 999 durability on crystal weapons using Jappis v3.0.7.0 save editor? Ive searched everywhere and I honestly can not figure out how to get it to work, and I'm getting sick of adding 50 swords to my inventory when I run out lol. Thanks again in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedGamer View Post
    Any modded weapon used in right hand will revert to default values once used in game and you can't trick the game to repair crystal weapons at all.
    Basically this.

    Long answer. From Software tends to hard code limitations into their games, so it becomes extremely difficult to bypass them (or, in many cases, such as this, impossible). Not to tell you how to play, but there's no way to avoid the limitations of crystal weapons, so you'll have to think in the long term of things: carry fifty of the same weapon, or carry one ever so slightly weaker weapon that lasts infinitely longer. Obviously, you don't have to go with my Chaos Zweihander idea, but crystal weapons in and of themselves are best as emergency weapons for when your main weapon just isn't cutting it – they aren't meant to be used consistently over long periods of time. Unfortunately, modding isn't miracle working (especially in a From Software game), and is still bound to the limitations of the game itself. The best thing you could do is to come up with an alternative play style that falls in line with what's possible given the game code combined with what's practical for you as a user. Fortunately, this is made much easier if you're able to mod, so you don't have to worry about investing time and resources into a weapon and play style just to find out it doesn't work well for you – you can just fiddle around with different modded builds until you find one that fits with your preferences!

    Short answer. Outside of modifying the game code itself, what you're asking isn't really doable. Crystal weapons only really work well when used in quick bursts, and unfortunately there really isn't any way to circumvent that. Your best bet would be to decide on a different weapon. Sorry.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4520 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Junior Member
    Metal In The Morning is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : Canadia
    Posts : 14
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    Ahhhhh ok, thats too bad, its not really a matter about finding a playstyle for me, its just that I've played the game for so long I just want new things to play around with, admittedly mostly for pvp haha. One laaaast final question I swear! If you guys have used the v3.0.7.0 save editor, do you know what the different weapons with other weapon names in the brackets, (IE: Lifehunt(lucerne) ) mean? I know you said it isnt possible, since the damage of a weapon is tied to the specific weapon, but is this somehow a damage switch? Or a moveset switch (which I think is only possible on pc)? Thanks again for all of your help guys :D
    Last edited by Metal In The Morning; 07-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.

  11. #8
    Haven Donator
    CrookedGamer is offline
    Join Date : Apr 2012
    Posts : 52
    Array

    Re: Modding dark souls weapons

    No the database just list all the possible variations the boss soul weapon can be made from. Like the values in the editor they are all the same weapon in game.

    You have to moveset-swap the hard way. Check YouTube.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [YouTube] Dark Souls 2 - How To Create the Boss Souls Weapons
    By scorpionnet in forum Youtube Famous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2016, 05:19 AM
  2. Dark Souls 2 modding
    By ManMadeHell in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 11:18 PM
  3. Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion
    By Idlehands88 in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 03-14-2015, 07:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     

About 360haven

    360haven is an Forum Devoted To Game modding Fans from all over the world.

    An Awesome Community of Xbox 360 Gamers, Modders and Developers who Create & Share Tutorials, Applications, Gfx, Trainers and Gamesaves.

    A haven for the l33t.
    A scarce paradise for modders.

Like this page

Google+